Slight panic. Suggestions, please.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nini

Slight panic. Suggestions, please.

Post by nini »

My DD did a maths test a few days ago in preparation for the 11+ day. She forgot to look at the clock during the test which meant that she had only completed half the paper when the teacher announced there were only 9 minutes left! She is reasonably good at maths but it is her least favourite subject which means she has not practiced it as much as English and VR. At this late stage what do you recommend us to do to build up her speed and accuracy?
Many thanks in advance.
outofboroughmum

Re: Slight panic. Suggestions, please.

Post by outofboroughmum »

While doing practice test, try gradually reducing the time you give her by 5-10mins i.e give her 45 - 40 for a full paper that normally take 50mins. Also, you tell her when she is half way and 10mins to the end as they would prompt her in exams. Once she is used to this timing length, in the real test, she will have time to finish and perhaps to check through her work. I am sure she will be fine
nini

Post by nini »

Thank you. I will try that.
Not sure what papers to give her as practice and for how long each day. Do we still have time to correct this time issue :?:
moved

Post by moved »

You do still have time, make sure that everything she does is timed now.

Epapers are available here: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/s ... rch&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do not use the multiple choice papers. There are various options available and I have sent you a pm.
sargul

Post by sargul »

try some bond books or even 10 min bonds and cut time on them bit by bit!

goodluck!
nini

Post by nini »

Thanks Sargul.