One week to go!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LoobyLoo

One week to go!

Post by LoobyLoo »

So, just one more week to go. How is everyone feeling? I can honestly say I'm quite calm today but I can guarantee this time next week it'll be a different story!! Our post usually arrives mid-late morning so I'll be a nervous wreck!! Good luck everyone, lets hope there are enough spaces for everyone to get what they want. :D
Desperado99

Re: One week to go!

Post by Desperado99 »

I just wrote a big long-winded reply and then pressed the wrong button :oops:

I'm not too bad right now, we've been looking at the local non-selectives this last week but we have no idea where we would send DD if kevigs is a no-go :?

The post generally arrives late here (sometimes it's 2pm) but today it arrived at 10am, so god knows when they will show up next saturday.

One of DD's friends has had to take both tests late (he broke his wrist at the start of september) and has only just taken the NVR test (VR next week) so at least we are not in that position (although he will manage to get them done before everyone gets the results and his will arrive at the same time).

Roll on next Sunday, when it will all be done with.

Good Luck to everybody :D :D

D
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

You read my mind :D . The post came at 12:30 here today and I just sat and thought 'this time next week' :o . DS is feeling fine, he obviously wants to have done well, but he says he won't be too dissapointed if he hasn't passed.

He's still adamant he wants to open the envelope himself, so I'm inclined to let him. I do think he'll be able to deal with it whichever way it goes so am not too worried about him seeing the result before us.

7 more sleeps :D

Good luck to everyone!
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

We have a few things planned this week so I'm hoping I can stay calm ( well until Friday). My DH is working sat till 4pm so wants him to wait till he gets home :shock: not sure I will be able to
LoobyLoo

Post by LoobyLoo »

Glad we're all feeling the same. Good luck Loo1065 waiting for hubby to return before opening the letter. Thats some willpower if you can do that! Just four more sleeps now Jetster! Lets hope we don't need the non-selectives Desperado99. Looking forward to good news for us all x
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

Well I'm starting to think that this week is dragging now!!!! Tomorrow we have a busy day and evening but I'm not working Thursday and have to travel for work on Friday. Saturday will seem like an eternity - our post gets here any time .between 10.30 and 12.30. Younger DS has a party to go to for 12.30 about 1/2 hr drive away so may not even be in when post arrives :wink:

I am even thinking about accosting the postman on Thursday to ask if he would come to the house first that morning - I'm sure he would understand :lol:

What plans have you all got for sat pm if the news is good. We will probably go out for a meal etc"...
Desperado99

Post by Desperado99 »

LOL Loo, our postie passes our house about an hour before he gets to our house.... So part of me will want to run out and rugby tackle him (but I shall restrain myself :lol: )

We've been OK this week, but part of that is because we took DD out of school yesterday as we had the offer of some day passes to Center Parcs (well worth it, as it really took everyone's minds of the 11+).

A couple of weeks ago, one of DD's friends asked her what she would get if she passed (a few are getting big things). Initially she didn't know what he was getting at, as we hadn't mentioned anything, but afterwards she came up to me and asked if she could have.....

A lollie! :lol:

So (regardless of what happens) Saturday afternoon we will be at the local sweet shop :D

Hope we all get good news :D
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

Lol - a lolly sounds a good present to me :lol:

Rugby tackling the postie would bring it's own problems here as he is about 90- not sure who would fare worse though me or him :lol: :lol:

Funny though my DS says he wants a ............dog if he passes ( hopefully we will talk him out of that one!!!!!)
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

3 more sleeps :D .

We are taking DS out for a meal on Saturday to reward him for his effort regardless of the result, he is being given the choice of where we go too. I am thinking that he hasn't passed, I'm sure he's done alright but just not quite good enough, anything better than this will be a bonus :) .

Sounds like Desperado has got away lightly with a lolly :lol: , not too sure about how you fare Loo with your DS wanting a dog :lol: :lol: .

Good luck!!
Desperado99

Post by Desperado99 »

Jetster wrote: I am thinking that he hasn't passed, I'm sure he's done alright but just not quite good enough, anything better than this will be a bonus :) .
Good luck!!
That's pretty much how I feel, Jetster. But you never know :) I think DD is borderline.... I just have no idea which side of the line she will land.

As I said to another parent this morning, I just want it to be sunday :? There's a pile of letters somewhere just waiting to be posted :shock: and I just want it over and done with.

Good Luck to you. I have my fingers crossed for all of us.