WCGS - Results Letter

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cakemummy

WCGS - Results Letter

Post by cakemummy »

Hi All,

Got our letter today and pleased to say that my son has passed the exam - I'm so proud of him!! :D He's not had any tutoring, so just wanted to re-assure all other parent's who didn't tutor their children either. It can be done!

Good luck all!
mumzone

Re: WCGS - Results Letter

Post by mumzone »

Just want to say for future posts on this thread, please be aware that there are some of us who are feeling very disappointed this morning.
ThreeKids

Post by ThreeKids »

mumzone wrote:Just want to say for future posts on this thread, please be aware that there are some of us who are feeling very disappointed this morning.
To those of you that get good news today, many congratulations to your son.

To those, who will be in the majority, who do not please think of this as a positive too. When one door closes others open and likely your son would just not have been happy at the school anyway. Try to think of it not as a pass or fail, but as a little bit of help in finding the right school for your son, the school where he will be much happier and where he will, I'm sure, shine. It may seem gloomy at the moment but you will look back in a year or two I'm sure with a sense of releif that what would have been the wrong door was closed for you. I wish you all well in finding the right school for your son.
shailesh

Post by shailesh »

Hi ThreeKids, Very well said - positive thoughts

Regards, S
Cheesedad

Post by Cheesedad »

shailesh wrote:Hi ThreeKids, Very well said - positive thoughts

Regards, S
Fully agree although of course we want our children to get in. Unfortunately our post on a saturday is erratic so may have to wait until Monday to get the results!
wildlaulau

Post by wildlaulau »

Yes, well said, three kids. It was heart-warming, well timed advice. It's just what I've been saying to my DS because we too got unwelcome news this morning. He said 'all that work for nothing' but of course any extra help with Eng and Maths in particular will help in the future, as will exam practice. I don't know whether others would agree, but I'm not feeling too confident about Wilson's now (English is DS' weakness) - and it will be hard going keeping him motivated for Sutton Grammar. But there are other schools out there which will serve them well. If others are feeling down today, read an article in The Times (today's copy) about school selection. It says that the biggest factor to success at secondary is still us, the parents. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting for the envelope to arrive!
svg123

Post by svg123 »

Good luck to all those passed and all the best to the ones who have not been that successful.
Appreciate yr DSs efforts and inspire them to do well in remaining exams.
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

Sadly our DS didn't pass. Am now feeling very worried for the rest of his exams and feel there is now little hope for Wilsons. Is there anyone out there whose son has been in this position and then managed to secure a grammar school place ? Well done to those who had good news today and I really feel for those who didn't. Take care everyone.

Many thanks
svg123

Post by svg123 »

Don't get disheartened.
It maybe possible that he might have done better in Wilson than WCGS.
Only time will tell and moreover every exam is different. So don't panic.
Good luck with other exams he maybe writing.
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

although it is tough applying separately to the schools in Sutton it is also the beauty of it. Each of the grammar schools has examples of boys who didn't score highly enough for one school, yet did for one of the others. It allows them to have an off day and recover. The exams are different and may play to different children's strengths-or indeed the essay topic on the day may just suit them.

Whatever happens they will have benefited from the concentration on the basics of English/maths which will have prepared them well for senior school
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now