HPV - HM could poss help??

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rachag

HPV - HM could poss help??

Post by rachag »

I am strongly pro - vaccinations (and got DC vaccinated for 2nd MMR as early as local practice would allow!)
DD had HPV 1 on Friday. A bit ropey when I picked her up - achey and tired. 8 hours after vaccination she had rash on trunk and arms, her face also beginning to be affected. Trip to late night chemist and cetirizine(anti histamine) given. Rash went but still lack lustre and achey today. Rash returned and more cetirizine given this evening.
I am sure she will recover but
-who should I tell if given by school and gp not seen her for years?
-will she be worse after 2nd dose?
Any thoughts.
Many thanks
hermanmunster

Re: HPV - HM could poss help??

Post by hermanmunster »

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/HPV-vaccin ... fects.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100005151.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; fatigue affects more than 1 in 10 and rash between 1 in 10 and 1 in 100

... really difficult when they get anything like this to decide if it is the vaccine or something else...

Not sure what the advice is on subsequent vaccs if they get any problems with the first (suspect they just carry on unless it is a really strong allergic reaction) We don't give them in the surgery much (the HPV vaccs that is). If they are given in school it will be the school health service via the primary Care trust who will be dealing with it - they are the people you should let know and discuss re the next injection.

Hope she feels better soon
rachag

Post by rachag »

Still rashy and has been dopey and tired all weekend.
Will send a letter to school nurse to let them know.
If she is worse than this after the 2nd jab, will prob not go for the third.
I really do think it is a reaction to the jab -no one in family else has had anything viral, the time scale is right, she has not had any localizing symptoms such as runny nose and I cannot recall her having been rashy with virus ever before.
I wonder if the fact that she has reacted like this means that she has had a strong response to the vaccine?
If she doesn't go for the third jab, we well have a full and frank discussion about barrier methods!
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

My daughter had the first two parts of the vaccine with no problems and isn't squeamish
or anything but on the third one after departing the room she promptly fainted and was out for about a minute. Again hard to prove conclusively if it was the vaccine, a coincidence or just an exaggerated response.
I too am pro-vaccine and I'm happy to say she has been fine ever since!
It may be interesting to see if she is maybe cooking a virus or something?
Hope she is ok.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now