Nonsuch results are in...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
laretta

Nonsuch results are in...

Post by laretta »

Results are in if you applied on line you can access dd score via website today, but with a whole new scoring system, so who knows if scores are enough? The new pass mark is 286???
Any super clever parents out there able to work out statistics for entrance. To achieve a pass one must achieve a minimum of 100VR 90 NVR and 96 English Highest score possible is 140 in each category. So top marks 420.

Good luck to all
ThreeKids

Nonsuch results now available online

Post by ThreeKids »

We did not pass, which was expected for various reasons. We do have a breakdown of her standardised scores. Would be interested to hear from anybody who did pass as to what their scores were. DD did well in 2 papers and got a good pass on those, but didn't pass the VR, (her strongest - go figure - but we knew after the test she'd messed that one up). Just interested to take a stab at how far off she was as I'm not sure how they add up the scores. Seems to me that the pass mark may be 286, but I could be wrong in my assumptions.
hermanmunster

Re: Nonsuch results now available online

Post by hermanmunster »

there is another thread just started about this - I'll try to merge them so that we can keep all the info in the same place
ThreeKids

Re: Nonsuch results are in...

Post by ThreeKids »

Oops - missed that you had posted. I concluded that the passmark was 286 too - interested to hear from somebody who passed as to whether that is correct.
ThreeKids

Re: Nonsuch results now available online

Post by ThreeKids »

hermanmunster wrote:there is another thread just started about this - I'll try to merge them so that we can keep all the info in the same place
You are a star! Thank-you.
wibble

Post by wibble »

Yes the pass mark was 286 our daughter achieved 343, so first stage of the hurdle over. No idea if this is good or not as the max score is 420.
ThreeKids

Post by ThreeKids »

wibble wrote:Yes the pass mark was 286 our daughter achieved 343, so first stage of the hurdle over. No idea if this is good or not as the max score is 420.
Thank-you for that, and congratulations to your daughter. Did you get a breakdown of the marks? Trying to figure out how badly the VR pulled her down, and whether she was there or there abouts with the others. I know she also didn't complete quite a lot of the NVR (but still passed it), and the English was fine.
wibble

Post by wibble »

VR 112
NVR 108
Eng 123
ThreeKids

Post by ThreeKids »

Thanks loads. That's very helpful. We have VR 87, NVR 99, Eng 120 so a total of 306 which would be a pass (though very borderline for a place would be my guess) were it not for the non-pass in VR. Onward and upward! :D DD will be relieved as she is not keen on Nonsuch at all and this puts it firmly out of consideration without huge loss of face!
la boume

Post by la boume »

Hi everyone

Just received my DD's results pass with 354, quite far away from 420, and we are OOC. I think that for Top 80 you need to be 380+
Last edited by la boume on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.