Waiting for Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LauraJ

Waiting for Results

Post by LauraJ »

Hi all.

Just anxiously awaiting the results from testing at Ermysted's Grammar School last week. Not sure how many others out there are in same boat.

Does anyone know what the letters we receive tell us.
Hubby says that it will simply say "pass" or "fail" in terms of meeting or exceeding the standard score set by the top 28% (or however they work it out)
However I have read on here a few people saying that they were informed of the actual score that their children received, along with the number of children who have met the criteria both in and out of area.

Any clues what the letter will tell us. I have told my son that all we could expect was him to do his best, and knowing his score (or scores - do they tell you all the results as well as the average they worked out?) would help reinforce this.

Any ideas what we can expect in terms of information within the letters.

Good luck everyone else thats also waiting!
hermanmunster

Re: Waiting for Results

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi there!

Welcome to the forum.

The letter tells you what the score is for the top 28% of catchment children (has been anywhere in between 220 and 227 in Skipton in recent years and included both boys and girls). You will also be given your score.
If you live in catchment and the score is above the cut off then you are in.
If you live outside the area you will be given info about how many have reached the score and hence can get an idea of how good a chance you have of getting a place on distance.

Also if you haven't reached the score you can decide whether or not you want to appeal
dahlia

Post by dahlia »

We're waiting for EGS results too! Starting to get anxious now! Have been here before four years ago with daughter - i'm getting butterflies thinking about it again. Not long now!!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

The results are due to be sent out later this week so not too much longer. Good luck
catherinesmum

Post by catherinesmum »

I am waiting for results for RGS- which, historically has a much lower cut -off point than for the skipton schools.
She thinks she really messed up the VR as she ran out of time and had to just guess a lot at the end :( .Anyway we've planned an exciting afternoon out and a mobile phone on saturday whatever the outcome!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Catherinesmum - good luck for the results on saturday - there are 2 VRs and they take the best score of the 2 so we'll KFC that she did OK!
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Good luck all...we have lazer quest booked...lets hope its celebrations. All i know is that he worked v v v hard so what ever the outcome , he did his best...

Q
x
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Good luck for RGS, Catherine's mum - from a 3rd year RGS mum :D :D
catherinesmum

Post by catherinesmum »

i'm a 3rd yr mum too (and a lower 6th mum!)
Had a look round Bb High school last night though and she loved it!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Ah, well, you know the delights then! :D :D