Twas the night before....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Boopy

Twas the night before....

Post by Boopy »

So here we are peeps, the eve of knowing (or not if Royal Mail fail to deliver!!) I don't think I can cope with having to wait until Monday such are my stress levels!! Anxiety doesn't even begin to cover how I've felt this week and it all rests on a letter... Fingers, toes and everything in between crossed for good news tomorrow :?:

Are you letting DC open the letters or are you steaming it open first?? x
emmgemuk

Re: Twas the night before....

Post by emmgemuk »

When the postman came this morning I opened the door as he was posting todays post and said " don't you dare go off sick tomorrow"!! :evil:

Much as I would love to steam open first and thus try to ease the blow if it's bad news, DS says he wants to open it. Good Luck!!
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

I have a horrible feeling our results won't arrive tomorrow- the post is really random in our village
Boopy

Post by Boopy »

Our postie always rolls up really late :( I'll be on tenter hooks until 1pm at least. I'm just not cut out for this waiting malarky, no sleep and mega stressy. Sooo praying for a pass, still Walton Girls would be an ok compromise if DD fails.

Good luck honey xx
teffi

Post by teffi »

Luckily we have a good-looking postie! ( Tasty postie- I'm old enough to be his mother I'm sure) Will be a positive pleasure looking out for him tomorrow. My DD told me (finally) she thinks she left out about 5 NVR questions. And 2 VR questions. DS passed with great score 2 years ago. Here we go again! Chin Up Everyone :)
teffi

Post by teffi »

Also Boopy
we were really impressed with Walton Girls, think that could be a good possibility for us too.
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

OMG!!! Can you believe we now only have ONE SLEEP TO GO!!! :shock:

I am trying to take our minds off it, have bought a DVD to watch tonight (Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2) and he'll be off out playing with his friends in the morning, this way he won't spend all morning pacing the house and worrying about it.

I won't be steaming it open, DS is adamant he wants to open it and I've said he could. We are going out for a meal regardless :) .

Good luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you all xx
Desperado99

Post by Desperado99 »

I could puke...... :shock: I don't think I will sleep well tonight.

I didn't think I was going to get online tonight as BT broadband has been down all day......

Our postie is normally after midday on a saturday, but last week delivered at 10am so God knows when he will show tomorrow. It sounds as if most of DD's friends are set on the same non-selective if they aren't successful, so that is a bonus (of sorts).

Good Luck everyone, I have my fingers crossed for all of us
b769

Post by b769 »

Ditto desparado even a big glass of wine is not calming my tummy rumbles luckily DD seems ok and happily playing on Ds - she told me today she will be happy wherever so long as some of her friends are there - hope that is case if we dont pass as she is at a small village primary so only cohort of 16 of which 12 took test Hope our DD end up at the same school and will be happy Good luck to all out there and sweet dreams *** :) :)
Boopy

Post by Boopy »

What a rotten nights sleep, I was up pacing the boards at 4.30am swigging a can of caffeine free coke and practically hyperventilating. The postman best have the letter in his bag today cos I seriously can't stomach a whole weekend of not knowing :(

Hope everyone gets good news... was annoyed to read on another website that they think everyone on this forum are pushy nutters. Perhaps they should try and understand that some of the other "options" in our areas are unthinkable!!

x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now