Is my DS the only one in Bexley who didnt make it?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Alessandra24

Is my DS the only one in Bexley who didnt make it?

Post by Alessandra24 »

This forum is full of congratulations, well-deserved, but what about the rest of us still trying to manage our disappointment? Did EVERYONE pass in Bexley?
moneypenny63

Re: Is my DS the only one in Bexley who didnt make it?

Post by moneypenny63 »

Hi Alessandra 24 - you are not the only one :!: 16 children from DS's school took test and 5 have passed - so 9 very upset kids there - (we are OOB). At his various out of school activities he has 5 more of his friends who did not pass - 3 of these are from Bexley schools, and 1 friend did pass, also Bexley school. So you are not alone. Try to keep smiling :wink:
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Alessandra - you're not alone, this forum isn't representative of the reality of 11+ passes. I wondered and asked myself several times if this forum was just for people with definite passes :roll: . I wondered too if people who didn't make it just didn't have the guts to post, the appeal section obviously shows not everyone here passes. My child didn't pass two 11+ test and it felt very lonely on the Kent forum, even though we knew then that grammar wasn't the right school for her and were pursuing other option it still was a tad bit hurtful.

The forum was however very helpful in suggesting a comp school that I didn't even think I could be eligible to apply for.
Last edited by sherry_d on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impossible is Nothing.
Alessandra24

Post by Alessandra24 »

Hi Moneypenny63,
Aww thanks and yes I am really smiling. It's not the end of the world. There is life after grammar! :) I have to be strong for my DS and channel my energy to finding a better non-selective school for him. As a matter of fact, it's friday night and I and a good friend of mine whose son made it are just inspecting the contents of a bottle of white wine. :lol:
Alessandra24

Post by Alessandra24 »

Hi Sherry_d, I share your thoughts. Which two tests did your DC take?
moneypenny63

Post by moneypenny63 »

Alessandra think about it another way - we may have passed - but it is not a guarantee that we will get a place. What's best disappointment now :?: or in March :?:

Enjoy your wine - and I am happy that you have a friend to see you through :)
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

She did Kent and Medway and was "deemed to be suitable for a high school"
Impossible is Nothing.
Alessandra24

Post by Alessandra24 »

Ok, My DS also took Kent and fingers crossed we could get good news on monday 17th. I wish you all the best!
Alessandra24

Post by Alessandra24 »

Thanks Moneypenny63 :)
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

Alessandra24 wrote:This forum is full of congratulations, well-deserved, but what about the rest of us still trying to manage our disappointment? Did EVERYONE pass in Bexley?
Congratulations, Alessandra24 -
Congratulations for surviving the 11+ rollercoaster, for helping your child survive it, and for being brave enough to post here when so many other disappointed parents slink quietly into the background (and no blame to them.)

My DD took the 11+ in Essex last year so we didn't get the bad news until Marsh. I haven't stopped hanging around here ever since and I have had a lot of support and good advice. DD started at the Comp in September and, no, it's not everything I might have wanted for her but she is happy and settled and this is a very good place to be if you're trying to get the best out of a secondary school, selective or otherwise.