farringtons school

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
henry24

farringtons school

Post by henry24 »

hi, we are considering sending my ds to private school in and around the bromley area. does anyone have any thoughts on farringtons school. also any opinions on any other private school in the south east area would be very much appreciated. thank you.
hermanmunster

Re: farringtons school

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Henry -

Don't know the school but have done a search on the forum - some have made comments and you could always send them a private message to see if they can give you some more info:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... mit=Search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lefol

Post by lefol »

Hello

Farringtons is a nice school, very friendly atmosphere. DS was offered a place last year but we did not accept it. The GCSE results are not as high as the other Bromley indies. Bishop Challoner, very good, small but the results are very good and not as expensive as the other indies. Bickley I think goes up to 13. My ds is at Eltham College, it is a very good school. Very good results and and they take a mix of state and prep kids. The only one I do not know much about is Wickham Court.

Do pm me if you have any questions...Good Luck!
Torty

Post by Torty »

We looked at Bishop Challoner, Farringtons and Wickham Court School when we decided to go for an Independent School rather than a Grammar School, in the Bromley Borough. We wanted a smaller size class (some of the Grammar Schools have large classes); a wonderful atmosphere where the pupils were happy and enthusiastic to learn; supportive and friendly teachers; good academic achievements and an environment where pupils are encouraged to reach their full potential … and beyond.

We chose Wickham Court School. The building and grounds are stunning and every time I see my DD in/out I feel transported back in time to Henry VIII. The Head Teacher is so welcoming, right from Day 1 and has an open door policy that really does mean just that. All the teachers are friendly, supportive and the school feels like ‘family’. But the best is that my DD has in under 5 months settled, blossomed, excelled, gone up 5 Levels and her confidence has increased dramatically. Sitting in a class of 15 others (they have a maximum of 16 in Primary and 10-15 in Secondary) they have two teachers per class. Homework is awesome without pressure. Subjects are split across a weekly timetable for Primary and they have different teachers. They do get the best from each child and I have no regrets, the fees are low and affordable and for us it has been worth every penny.

My DD wants to stay there for Secondary. As a family, we of course want what is best for her, and have no plans to move her.

So … this family say Wickham Court for Bromley! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now