Is Judd realistic?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vasu

Is Judd realistic?

Post by vasu »

My son's score is 401. As I read through last year's threads for Judd, I realised their cut of score for selection was 417. That means, even if my son passed he does not have chance for Judd. In-spite of this info should I still put Judd on the CAF. We are an OCC from far far away!!!
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
Just1-2go

Re: Is Judd realistic?

Post by Just1-2go »

Even living close to the schools you would be very unlikely to get a place at Judd or Skinners with a score of 401. But I think you can only appeal for a school if it is on your CAF (can someone confirm this please? - has this changed over recent years?) so it maybe worth putting it on for that reason, especially if you feel that there are extenuating circumstances although I don't think that living far away counts as one.
vasu

Post by vasu »

Thank you for the reply. Judd and Skkiner are the only schools which entertains occ. Well thats the end of Kent dream for us :cry: We have to concentrate on other exams now. But I must say, out of all the regions, the Kent's bunch was the most helpful. Hope you guys get the schools you want. :)
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

Thank you, sadly my DS score is too low as well, thankfully we have TWGSB to fall back on which is a lovely school, just not the one he had his heart set on. :(

Good luck whatever school you choose, all our DCs are very lucky to have such caring parents and as such will no doubt do well wherever they go. :)
nina1on

Post by nina1on »

Than I assume 407 is also no chance :( What about Dartford G? How much was last year?
shahinoor

Post by shahinoor »

I am in the same boat - 408 dartford G last year was 411; and year before 395

who knows what it will be this year
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

The score went down to 416 on the waiting list. I don't know what the scores were for appeals.
DaddyOh

Post by DaddyOh »

Vasu - congratulations to your DS, 401 is a great mark and isn't miles away from the Skinners marks which I understand were 405 in 2009, 409 in 2010 and 407 in 2011, especially if you consider they usually come down a couple of marks on the waiting list.

I'm sure I read someone on here saying that some got in last year in the 390's on appeal so it might be worth doing some more research on that before you give up on Skinners perhaps?

Also the schools don't get to know the order you put them in so unless you have four other schools you're keen on it won't hurt your chances at the three other schools you put down if you also put Skinners down.
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

Definitely don't rule out a successful appeal with 401 for Skinners. They always take extra and if you have good evidence then you should be in with a good chance. I know someone who got in who failed the test in 2007. The only negative is that there is a long wait for appeals next year - on radio today - June? - which is an agonising length of time to wait. Hold in there!
lurker

Post by lurker »

Hi, I have a friend whose son got in to judd on appeal with 410 last year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now