Stroud High vs HSFG?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mama3

Stroud High vs HSFG?

Post by mama3 »

Have to make a decision between these two - both good chances on rankings, so need to know the main differences between them. DD is very maths/science orientated but also does enjoy art/sport a lot too, so still important. Any advice??
capers123

Re: Stroud High vs HSFG?

Post by capers123 »

mama3 wrote:Have to make a decision between these two - both good chances on rankings, so need to know the main differences between them. DD is very maths/science orientated but also does enjoy art/sport a lot too, so still important. Any advice??
Stroud High has some very good sportswomen and artists. The CDT block (shared common area with Marling, but separate classrooms) is lovely, Loads of science clubs & enthusiastic head of science. The head of maths has been known to hand out chocolate in class....

But I only know what my daughters tell me from their interests (ie - sport = zero - but the PE staff work hard to find things that even the non-sporty will enjoy & will get them fit).

I've never been round HSFG, but suspect that academically it's similar.

Which is easiest for your daughter to travel to, and are there other girls nearby who will be / are going there? After school clubs and home area friendship groups are SO important. The closer, the better, otherwise you may find yourself driving halfway across the county to pick her up from a friends house, let alone thinking of green issues for traffic.
Capers
mama3

Re: Stroud High vs HSFG?

Post by mama3 »

Thanks for your reply, good to hear about enthusiastic science and PE teachers as so much of how good a school is depends on the teaching, and as for chocolate in maths lessons..!
As for travel - kind of equidistant between both of them, so not so much of an issue thankfully.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now