DGGS Chances

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

christ

DGGS Chances

Post by christ »

My daughter passed both Bexley and Kent tests so it's not critical but what do you guys think her chances of getting into DGGS are, we live in the Crook Log area, she'll most probably go to Towley or Bexley Grammar anyway, I'm just curious. I know DGGS is probably a better school but I don't think it two hours a day on a bus better :roll:
christ

Re: DGGS Chances

Post by christ »

Sorry, Townley
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Hi Christ

At the open evening last night, the DGGS Admissions Officer said for category 5 (which you will be) the cut off score last year was 413, and it is expected to be higher this year. I would say if you scored high enough it is a realistic choice.

You would have nothing to lose by putting it above Townley, as if you didn't get DGGS, you are near enough to have an extremely high chance of Townley anyway.

Having looked into exam results etc, Townley seems to be slightly above DGGS. I guess it comes down to your own 'personal feel' for the school. We loved DGGS last night and can't wait to see Townley so we can compare the two schools.

Good luck in your choice.
Yummy Mummy

Post by Yummy Mummy »

Congratulations to your daughter on working so hard. We also live in Bexleyheath and our daughter started DGSG in September. Going on last year if she gained a high score in the Dartford test she has a good chance of getting in. Our daughter has settled really quickly and is very happy there, we are delighted with the school.
christ

Post by christ »

Bless you both :mrgreen: