CAF form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nicemum

CAF form

Post by nicemum »

Cant make my mind up - which school, DC kent scores 413, Bexley 241. We are about 4 miles to both Beths and Ch & Sid, however with Kent scores - was considering at Skinner or Judd or any other - however travelling times are huge over 1 hr each way. Decisions. Cant guarantee place of bexley as based on dist and how many take the places up. sitting the St Olaves as well. Dificulty with what order to place the schools
bondgirl

Re: CAF FORM

Post by bondgirl »

Hi nicemum

I think you have to put them in the order you really want. For example, if you want st olaves, you have to put it first. If you dont and put eg. C&S first and they can offer you a place, that's what you'll get. Looking at scores and distances, it sounds like you have a very good chance of C&S and the Kent superselectives but, as you say, you have to decide about the travelling. Have you considered Dartford grammar (sorry - adding another one into the mix!).

Good luck with your decision x
nicemum

Post by nicemum »

yes, have looked at that as well. need to consider travelling time, some of the kent - skinner/Judd/Tonbrigde ( i think) bus 402 goes from bromley - but very late arrival at the schools, by train - over an hour travel. maybe coach to dartford - i checked that as well. So looks like we can get in the superselectives. however DC prefers the bexley schools but not in top 180 so no guarantees there - i guess we have better chances at the Kent. so thought order will be St Olave, Judd, Skinner, Chis & Sid, Beths, Dartford (Wilmington), cant make mind up. :idea:
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

We are in Bromley too and will be making our choices next year for DS. The traveling times have put me off the Kent schools too but Dartford looks more do-able with the coach. I have heard of someone traveling to Judd by catching a train from Orpington, then it 's only 15 mins by train but of course you have to get DS to Orpington station first. Maybe worth looking into though and you may be able to car share?

I think you have a strong chance of C&S if you want it. In which case you would need to put it 2nd.

Well done to your DS by the way - great scores :)
nicemum

Post by nicemum »

Is there a coach from bromley/lewisham to skinner/judd?
martin76

Post by martin76 »

hi,

when you do online your CAF form should you attach any files(Childs benefit or some other proofs) ?

thanks
nicemum

Post by nicemum »

Martin76, you should have sent that already i thought - we have submitted that to the school weeks ago
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

nicemum wrote:Is there a coach from bromley/lewisham to skinner/judd?
Not that I know of. The only bus I found from Bromley took about an hour and a half or more! I think the train is the only realistic option from Bromley. Don't know about Lewisham - sorry!
countingtoten

Post by countingtoten »

martin76 wrote:hi,

when you do online your CAF form should you attach any files(Childs benefit or some other proofs) ?

thanks
Don't know if it varies from borough to borough, but for Greenwich you should attach a hmrc letter - child benefit or tax credit. You can scan them in. I haven't got a scanner so I took them to our local contact centre - remember to take your application reference if you do that.
martin76

Post by martin76 »

thanks,

to Greenwich you should do before 31 october online
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now