and older girl ideas too please

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mum23*

and older girl ideas too please

Post by mum23* »

I think it might be slightly easier to find things for girls but has anyone got any interesting suggestions for older girls too? I have a 13th birthday just days before Christmas then presents for age 13 and 14 for Christmas. What presents have been a hit for those of you with older girls and any good fiction ideas for this age please.
scary mum

Re: and older girl ideas too please

Post by scary mum »

Watching with interest...

DD (15) usually gets clothes, earrings, books with vampires in them, DVDs, smellies, so any new ideas gratefully received :D
scary mum
tense

Post by tense »

Are any of them sporty? My DD (15yrs) is hockey mad which lends itself nicely to smaller stocking type gifts (grips, shinpads, trendy sox - these always need replacing) as well as larger presents - sticks, kit bag, shoes & hoodies.

Younger girls might still like arty / crafty stuff - my DD used to like good quality paper & pencils in her stocking as she was keen on "designing clothes". I also tend to buy smellies, good quality hair products, stationery and chocolate of course!
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

Will be getting some dance items for DD2 probably and DD1 arty so will look for small arty items. Last year she had a ukelele and fair play to her, she can play it quite well now so that was a good pressy and reasonable price too for a musical instrument. After not really getting anywhere with school instrument lessons over the years I am pleased that she has taught herself and practises and plays regularly.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Ditto everything
scary
says for DD (13). Plus books, books and more books, vouchers for downloading music from iTunes and also bags – she doesn’t like rucksacks for school and what’s ‘in’ seems to change quite frequently (currently a sort of canvas bag, which won’t be so good in the wet).
Amber

Post by Amber »

mum23* wrote:Will be getting some dance items for DD2 probably and DD1 arty so will look for small arty items. Last year she had a ukelele and fair play to her, she can play it quite well now so that was a good pressy and reasonable price too for a musical instrument. After not really getting anywhere with school instrument lessons over the years I am pleased that she has taught herself and practises and plays regularly.
Just noticed this: my DD is asking for one of those. So is her little brother. We already have a houseful of instruments and to be fair she spends a lot of time jamming on piano/guitar as well as practising her taught instrument a lot. I gather it's straightforward to learn then? I can't be bothered with/afford any more instrument lessons! Where did you get it from and how much did you pay? I am happy for you to pm me if this is getting a bit off thread - I can't contribute any positive ideas as DD is not really interested in any of the more 'girly' stuff.
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

Anything made of paper with the Queens head on it seems to go down well!!! :D
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

And I thought stamp collecting had gone out of fashion :wink:
SSM

Post by SSM »

You never know it may come back into fashion seeing that 1st and 2nd class stamps are inflation busting, and with the rate of inflation nowadays you're probably better off stashing stamps rather than money :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Rob Clark wrote:And I thought stamp collecting had gone out of fashion :wink:

Actually, DS2 is really into stamp collecting and whilst flicking through his collection , some of which are quite unusual , I can see a certain attraction myself ! :oops: ( Just putting my anorak on, and off to the train station with my flask. )
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now