Fireworks???

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
um

Fireworks???

Post by um »

Don't mean to be a humbug but I thought that with the current economic woes, people wouldn't have as much money to burn this year :?

I have got used to our area resembling Beirut for 2 weeks prior to Bonfire night, but for the past 3 nights, the fireworks have continued until well past midnight. Some are quite pretty, most are just loud. Have just had to settle the toddler again after the second huge bang (he is not a happy boy), and he's moved back to my bed :roll: as he's so scared.

Ds1's bed is right by the front window and he gets the full force of the noise, and ds2 is getting no sleep either....I remember 2 years ago, the night before the exam, they continued all night long...I am so glad that the Birmingham exam is 12 November, as hopefully the fireworks will have run out by then?
scary mum

Re: Fireworks???

Post by scary mum »

I know, there are some really loud fireworks going on here at the moment and DS can't sleep. At least it's not a school night but even so... They've been going on for ages and are very loud ones so must be costing a fortune. Baa humbug :twisted:
scary mum
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Hate the darn things, my dog has been quaking all night. It's really bad for poor parents with babies and toddlers where we are.

I am happy for organised displays, but all this ad hoc malarkey for 12 days before the 5th and 12 days after drives me mad.

Looking forward to something like the 15th November, pretty confident it has all stopped by then :D
vasu

Post by vasu »

The fireworks are mostly for the Hindu Festival of Diwali. In India we celebrate Diwali with lighting oil lamps or candles and bursting fireworks. We are bursting fireworks too and it has nothing to do with Bonfire night or having money to burn!!!!! :shock:
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

I'm very humbug when it comes to fireworks. I don't think they should be sold to the general public as they are too dangerous and far too loud. It seems that some people think it's fun to set them off in the early hours to wake everyone up, especially young children.

I have enjoyed going to organised displays over the years with the children and wouldn't want these to stop.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Our posts crossed over vasu. Happy Diwali.
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

We don't buy firework at all, but there are displays in the local park that can be seen from our front window.I think it's safer to watch from a distance as they are still dangerous.
;D
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Happy Diwali Vasu!

So, fireworks finally finish for Bonfire Night and then they start again for New Year - that's the week before and the week after!

We are very lucky with our dog, he seems to like them. We can take him for a walk when they're all going off and he stands looking at them and wags his tail - I have a sneaking suspicion he's not really a dog :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

It all seems fairly quiet in our area, but perhaps it's worse in towns.

I quite like the fireworks , our dog just wears his earmuffs, LFH and he's none the wiser and at the slightest noise the DC all race upstairs and spend the evening hanging out of the windows whilst I have the downstairs to myself...bliss.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

scarlett wrote:our dog just wears his earmuffs
:D - What a cute image!
Marylou