hajj and eid mubarak

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

khanj010

hajj and eid mubarak

Post by khanj010 »

hi/salam to everyone
our celebration of eid is just round the corner. im happy we got the tests over and done with as i could not deal with the stress.
Has anyones relatives gone to hajj! what a great experience, i have wanted to go for some time but its very hard to organise something like this with small children. inshallah maybe next year.
so what are some of you planning ! not to much like me as the weather aint so great , a (BIG) family lunch and then the washing up :( :( :(
hermanmunster

Re: hajj and eid mubarak

Post by hermanmunster »

I have moved this thread to Everything Else from Bucks
um

Post by um »

Here in Birmingham, the test was originally to be on 5 November...and up until yesterday, no-one knew whether Eid would be on the 5th or the 6th...so after a little bit of persuasion, Birmingham moved the test date to the 12th November instead :wink: .

Now we know Eid will be on Sunday 6th lol, but I am still very glad the test was moved as ds will be fasting on the Saturday.

So for us there is no sense of relief that it is over but Eid is an opportunity to try and forget the pressure for one day!
We alternate between Asian and English Eids in our household (being from both backgrounds) so this Eid will be Roast Chicken with Yorkshires and the works, followed by sticky honey pudding and custard :D . Actually this is less hassle than all the pakoras, samosas, etc, and just as filling!

Then I guess it will be a trip out to the park if dry or stay in and play games if not...

I'm still contemplating whether to squeeze in a maths paper before dinner (evil laugh emoticon) (only joking).

Went shopping yesterday but despite the economy, there were few bargains to be had :( I'm now trying to complete my Eid shopping online, and was just about to buy a remote-controlled tarantula in order to fend off my in-laws when I got distracted :lol:

PS - I use paper plates and cups on Eid, despite having a dishwasher. Sorry, environmentalists out there. Eid is for Mums too, you know :wink:
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Love the idea of traditional Eid fare then English fare. That would work well in our household as we have both backgrounds too. Unfortunately, my parents, or rather my dad, would be most unhappy so we go for traditional each time.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now