Dr Challoners GS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Victoria203

Dr Challoners GS

Post by Victoria203 »

My first post to the forum but must admit that it has been extremely useful.

We live not even a 1/2 a mile away from Dr Challoners GS and are living here for about a year now. Assuming my DS crosses the magic number of 121 (which is a big assumption) and we fill Dr Challoners as our 2nd preference (QE Barnet being 1st), is there any reason we end up not getting Dr Challoners except getting selected for QE?

Thanks much.
Sally-Anne

Re: Dr Challoners GS

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Victoria, and welcome!

You need to check the date you moved to the area against the school's Admissions Policy
http://www.challoners.com/index.aspx?se ... ons-policy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , particularly point 5 - Evidence of Normal Home Address.

Provided you meet that requirement and he achieves the magic 121, you would be offered DCGS if he does not qualify for QEB.

Sally-Anne
Victoria203

Post by Victoria203 »

Thanks much for the quick response.

So that means for Sept 2012 entry, one should be residing near Dr Challoners from 1 April 2011. We live here well prior to that.

Any idea what does

"c) The school may require a higher standard of evidence for ‘residence qualification’ than that outlined in the County Scheme if there are reasons for casting doubt on the honesty of an application."

under Section 5 mean?

Is that only if school has any doubts?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I think they might want to check you don't have another house within 20 miles - e.g. the Primary school your DS attends might cause concern if it was not near where you live.
Victoria203

Post by Victoria203 »

Thanks much.

I think i have the information to complete CAF.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now