Tiffin Boys NVR - Is it timed section by section?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mani2011

Tiffin Boys NVR - Is it timed section by section?

Post by mani2011 »

Apologies if this is already covered but I was wondering if the NVR test for Tiffin Boys is timed for each section by section. My DS does well when he has the full paper to do in 50 minutes but struggles when I time it for each section.

The FAQ on the school website suggests 80 questions in 50 minutes but does not specify if this will be timed for each section. Appreciate any inputs as this is concerning me and not sure if I need to be focusing on putting a time limit for each section.

Regards
Mani
geling

Re: Tiffin Boys NVR - Is it timed section by section?

Post by geling »

As far as I know, Tiffin test in not timed section by section. So, your DS seems OK with it. Good luck! :D :D
(BTY, could you ring the school to double check it just in case?)
mani2011

Post by mani2011 »

Thank you geling.
It was a simple yet wonderful suggestion and I did call the school. They have clarified that it is 80 questions in 50 minutes and will not be timed section by section. That is a relief from at least one thing :(

Thanks again.
YoYo

Post by YoYo »

Hi Mani2011,

Although Tiffin's are not timed for each section, NFER recommends 30 seconds per question. You can use different test papers to make up 20 questions for each type for daily (or every other day)practice leading to the exam time. When they do the full paper - 80 questions, they should have a quick check the time when they finish the second section. DS had 5 questions he didn't finish 5 years ago due to the nature of the Tiffin NVR questions are difficult. When I prepare DD for Nonsuch Test this year, we have 9 minutues (18 questions) test everyday (started three weeks before the test) including easy and difficult questions. Difficult questions - you can use Stephen Curran (Book2)'s level 4 &5 questions inside the book, Premium Series, Non Verbal Reasoning Challenge 1, Letts Success Assessment and NFER Pack 2. I used a lot of ink for photocopying(provided you got the books and not photocopying for other people) to make up the test papers ! DD did well in her Nonsuch NVR Test (128/140), I think the timed practice really help. All the best to everyone will sit the Tiffin Tests.
YoYo
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now