Primary school told 11+ scores?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Naulakha

Primary school told 11+ scores?

Post by Naulakha »

Does anyone happen to know if the primary schools were told directly the 11+ scores/ rank for each grammar ticked on the registration box? If so, any idea when- was it at the same time we were?
Milla

Re: Primary school told 11+ scores?

Post by Milla »

All I know is that when my DS2 took it, the results came out on the Saturday and that day the primary had some sort of school fete. Went in. Head had heard the same morning as us - we'd had parents' evening the thursday before and had scanned the teacher's face for possible info leaks but none. In those days the results came out 2 weeks after the test, and still we all learnt the same day. Now the turn-around is less than a week. Maybe historically teachers knew in advance of us but I'd doubt it nowadays with such a quick release of results. However, am seeing the old school secretary tonight so if I remember I'll ask her if they know and if they know of rankings.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

We were told definately not, and on the Monday the teachers asked the kids what their results were.
Manana

Post by Manana »

In my LEA, the teachers certainly don't know in advance. I say this as a teacher!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

In Kent the Schools know before the parents, but that is because we have a system of headteacher review where school can submit evidence if they feel a child is suitable for grammar school
cairo

Post by cairo »

It used to be the case that the primary schools knew the results before / at the same time as parents. I think the idea was that Heads could then prepare themselves for parents' questions re the results.

Now that all the grammar schools in Gloucestershire are academies, I don't think they are given this information. Academies have no link with the local authority, so there would be no central point to distribute the information from. Certainly the Head at DS's school didn't know a couple of days after the results came out, and was in the playground asking parents how their DCs had got on.
Orson

Post by Orson »

They certainly don't know before, or at the same time as, the parents.
Milla

Post by Milla »

yup, my friend the school secretary confirmed this. That they used to know, but don't now. She said that they only knew what the parents choose to tell them - data protection or something. A shame she said as they want to offer "support" but don't have the information.
(edited for stupid typos)
Last edited by Milla on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naulakha

Post by Naulakha »

Mmmm- interesting! Thanks everyone- that wasn't the impression the head at our school seemed to want to give which is why I wanted to check.... :wink:
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

cairo wrote:It used to be the case that the primary schools knew the results before / at the same time as parents. I think the idea was that Heads could then prepare themselves for parents' questions re the results.

Now that all the grammar schools in Gloucestershire are academies, I don't think they are given this information. Academies have no link with the local authority, so there would be no central point to distribute the information from. Certainly the Head at DS's school didn't know a couple of days after the results came out, and was in the playground asking parents how their DCs had got on.
How lovely thT he showed an interest, our dc's head wouldn't even care..