Herts music test

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Red Dog

Herts music test

Post by Red Dog »

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone has received notification about the music tests, which are on the 8th Nov?

Thanks.
Red Dog

Re: Herts music test

Post by Red Dog »

Is my DC the only one that has applied for the SW Herts music test???? :?
Just thought I'd put some feelers out before calling the school.

Ta.
C. J.

Post by C. J. »

I seem to remember the letters went out very late last year too. About half my class at school are taking it, and none of them had heard yesterday when I asked....
Red Dog

Post by Red Dog »

Thanks C.J.
Will just have to wait then.
wtfd

Post by wtfd »

Does anyone know what time this usually takes place? I'm assuming it's after school but I'm trying to plan my work for next week so would be good to know.
skools

Post by skools »

My daughter did the test 2 years ago and I seem to remember the letter re the test arrived only days before and the test was after school. Auditions if you were successful were during the day.
Good luck.
busybeenfun

Post by busybeenfun »

If you go on the Queens school website and go to the tab called 'About the school' and then 'Admissions' they have posted the music test list. I believe this is for all candidates and not just those who have applied to Queens. Not 100% sure though.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

I hope the list on the Queen's website is only for those applying to Queens as we're not on the list! Useful to know the start times though. 4:00 pm for Watford Boys and 4.15 for Queens, Watford Girls and Rickmansworth. Doesn't look like they are using Parmiters or St Clement Danes as venues for the music test but this may just be a qwerk of who has applied where and it being a Queens list.

I have to say that I think the organisation of this is terrible. They are well aware that this is a stressful time for parents and children and seem to be deliberately doing all they can to make it as difficult as possible.
Last edited by mushroom on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wtfd

Post by wtfd »

Thank you so much busybeenfun - he is on the list for Rickmansworth.

BTW mushroom - we didn't apply for Queen's school but we are still on the list on Queens website :?
wtfd

Post by wtfd »

:idea: Sorry I should add to that - although we didn't put Queens on the CAF we did submit a SIF for Queens...maybe that's why he's on the list...

I can't believe that the list on the website is everyone applying under music criteria in SW Herts, I know a lot of people who have applied for music.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now