Freedom of Information

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
patricia

Freedom of Information

Post by patricia »

Dear Catherine and Mike

Out of interest have you received your replies under the FOI act?

Patricia
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Dear Patricia,

I have received an answer from Slough saying that they do not have the information, and that I may be able to obtain some statistics from the schools. I haven't received anything from Bucks CC since they ackowledged receipt of my request.
I have not decided whether to pursue the matter with Slough or not, but I will contact Bucks CC again.

Post by Guest »

Hi

This looks like a very interesting thread. If you don't mind could you tell me what info you requested under the FOI Act?

Thanks
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi,

This what I have requested under the FOI act:
For 2004 and 2005, Bucks and Slough LEAs
Total number of applicants
Pass rate for the county
Pass rate for children coming from state schools
Pass rate for children coming from independent schools
Pass rate for each school (independent or not) attended by a child taking the exam
The number/percentage of out-ofcounty applicants and passes.
The number/percentage of standardised scores at each level
The raw scores corresponding to each standardised score

Most of this information for 2004 in Bucks is already available in the link that Patricia posted in the Bucks 'Freedom of Information' thread. The most interesting would be to have the raw scores corresponding to standardised scores.

It is very easy to request the information to both council, by following the link on their website.

KenR got some results from KE Grammar School Foundation, that he posted in the 'Regional variation in exam level and academic standard' thread of the exam section.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi,

I have received some information from Bucks CC. Unfortunately these are the same documents as the ones shown on Patricia's link. There is nothing at all about standardised / raw scores.