CAT Tests this week

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jabba7

CAT Tests this week

Post by jabba7 »

Hi

My year 6 DC had 3 CAT tests this week. Is this the same for all Bucks children?

Does anyone know when we get the marks?

Are these marks important if we end up needing to appeal on 11+ result, which of course I have everything crossed we wil not!

Thanks
Etienne

Re: CAT Tests this week

Post by Etienne »

My year 6 DC had 3 CAT tests this week. Is this the same for all Bucks children?
No - each school decides if and when to use CAT tests.
Are these marks important if we end up needing to appeal on 11+ result, which of course I have everything crossed we wil not!
They could be - but ultimately it's up to individual appeal panels to decide just how much weight to give to any particular bit of evidence.
Etienne
andyb

Post by andyb »

No, DS2 had mock SATs :roll: including Science - has the test been reintroduced? Hopefully the results from these will encourage the school to do some extension work with the 40-50% of children who are already getting L5.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Our school usually do them between the 11 plus and the results of the 11plus coming out so that they are available for appeals if needed. I remember DCs1&2 doing them almost immediately after the 11plus but I'm not aware of anything this year <scurries off to ask DS2>
scary mum
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The science hasn't been reintroduced.

The QCA tests are quite useful though for seeing what level children get when faced with a sat's format paper.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Some schools have to do an externally marked KS2 Science paper for the National sample ... can't remember when schools get to know whether they are 'chosen'.

I seem to remember that some schools that boycotted in 2010 had to do a Science paper because they were in the sample.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

ah, I see ..

people often call the QCA test in y3,4,5 "mock sats" hence my strange reply!