Loreto (Trafford)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
urmstonfather

Loreto (Trafford)

Post by urmstonfather »

Hi all,what a fantastic site this is,unfortunately I found it after receiving the news my daughter failed the entrance exam by a couple of points. Even more frustrating now I have found out the pass mark went up by 13 points from last year. The local (LEA)schools here in Urmston seem to have done particularly badly. I know of two decent schools where they only managed to get 2/3 pupils through. Has anyone been through the appeal process at Loreto? what can I expect ? Thanks.
Etienne

Re: Loreto (Trafford)

Post by Etienne »

Welcome! :)

I can't immediately find any feedback that we've previously received about Loreto, but statutory independent appeals are basically the same everywhere, because all authorities are required to follow the Code of Practice (which has legal force).

Our Q&As ought to give a good idea of what to expect:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
anxious loreto mum

Post by anxious loreto mum »

Hi

Sorry I have not been through the appeals process - Have you tried posting on the Trafford section, someone may have more knowledge or experiences.

Best of luck with your appeal - its a wonderful school.

ALM
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

urmstonfather on Trafford section wrote:I am concerned that the pass marks seems to have gone up by 13 points from last year,can anyone clarify this?
Asking the presenting officer to explain what has happened would be a very reasonable question.
would that be a point to bring up at the appeal? :)
If you mean as part of your case, definitely not! It's rarely a good idea to comment on the system (unless there's been some sort of maladministration).

Your own case should keep the focus on evidence of high ability, any extenuating circumstances, and reasons for wanting a place.
Etienne