Some questions about preferences

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
worriedandconfused

Some questions about preferences

Post by worriedandconfused »

I am not sure if I am posting in the correct place. I want to know about the procedure for appeal. Is it according to County? Sorry I am a novice here.

Can you appeal for a place in a school which is not in your CAF form and you are out of catchment. My DD has passed the selective test for Nonsuch but we have not put that school as one of our preference in the CAF. What would happen if my DD could not get into any of the other selective exams she is writing and in the CAF form? Is it possible to appeal for Nonsuch? The reason we have not put that school as one of the choice because we are out of catchment.

Can you move down to your next preference by choice. e.g f I have put school A as my first choice and my DD gets into it (WOW!) and also she gets into school B (Wow!!) which is my second prefrence . Is it possible to change my choice of preference to school B at later stage?

I know it is too early as results are not out yet but I am just preparing myself

Thanks in advance
Etienne

Re: Some questions

Post by Etienne »

I think it depends how the relevant authority views paragraph 1.39 of the Admissions Code.

See "Changing preferences":
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 27#p247427" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
catcool

Re: Some questions about preferences

Post by catcool »

If you have not named Nonsuch on your caf you will not be considered for a place.Hence you will not have been rejected and therefore have no right of appeal .
The right of appeal exists only for schools that having considered your application cannot offer you a place as you do not not meet their admission criteria .
If you get an offer from school A you will not necessary be told that school B could have offered you a place unless it is a selective school and your DD gained the necesary pass mark .
Not clear why you would want to accept an offer from school B over school A if A was your preferred school . The whole point of filling in the caf is that you list all the schools in order of your preferences.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now