When is the 11+?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Colourful-Rainbow

When is the 11+?

Post by Colourful-Rainbow »

Has anyone received the details yet for the 11+? It's nearly December! Surely they should have sent us a letter by now?
Becky Boo

Re: When is the 11+?

Post by Becky Boo »

Hello Colourful-Rainbow

I spoke to staff at the Redbridge Secondary Admissions office last week, they advised that they would be sending letters out to candidates providing details of the exam around the 5th December.
(Woodford Girls and Ilford Boys)

Hope this helps.
Colourful-Rainbow

Post by Colourful-Rainbow »

Becky Boo wrote:Hello Colourful-Rainbow

I spoke to staff at the Redbridge Secondary Admissions office last week, they advised that they would be sending letters out to candidates providing details of the exam around the 5th December.
(Woodford Girls and Ilford Boys)

Hope this helps.
Thank you, that does help. :) It does sound a bit late though don't you think considering the exams are usually in December?
Becky Boo

Post by Becky Boo »

Hi Colourful-Rainbow

It does seem a little late. But apparently, the reason for the late notification is that Redbridge compile the list of candidates from the Common Application Form (CAF) and as there are applicants from various neighbouring boroughs, they have to wait until boroughs exchange information during the 3rd week of November. Then they have to review and compile a list from the information received from the other boroughs. Hence, they don't expect to send letters out until around the 5th Decmeber.

This is a different process to other schools e.g. Latymer compile the candidate list from the SIF.

Good luck to your DD.
shagor21

Post by shagor21 »

Becky Boo,
Any rough idea on which date exam will be carried out?
Will the both VR & NVR be in one day?

Thanks in advance.
Shagor21
Becky Boo

Post by Becky Boo »

Hi Shagor21

At Woodford opening evening, the Head advised that the exam date was provisionally set for the 19th December. When I was speaking with the Redbridge Secondary Admissions Office last week they advised that they still had not finalised a date. I've penciled out the whole week in my diary at the moment (19th to the 23rd - just in case).

Cheers
Becky Boo

Good luck to your DD
angelicface

Post by angelicface »

Just to let you know they have posted the date up today. The exam is on Monday 19th December. Good luck! 5 weeks countdown begins!
Becky Boo

Post by Becky Boo »

Angelicface

Thanks for the confirmation re exam date. Now I can pencil in my diary some last minute Christmas shopping dates with the kids. Yeh!! I think!

Cheers and good luck to your DD
Boo