Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
suhana

Are the test papers same on the alternative day

Post by suhana »

Hi all readers and posters,

Could someone shed light on my query?
My dc is taking his selection test this Saturday, but a friend of mine has booked the alternate day. She has asked me if I could tell her whatever my dc remembers from the test on Saturday!
I am ashtonished to know that the test papers are not different on the alternate day.
We are in essex by the way and it is csse.

Thanks
chanceinnorfolk

Re: Are the test papers same on the alternative day

Post by chanceinnorfolk »

I would tell that friend to get lost!!!.......the last thing your child needs is the added pressure to regurgitate the details of the 11+. From my son's experience all he could tell me about the exam was the english was a shocker.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

The English paper is definitely different. Two years ago the first sitters had Bleak House and the late sitters had Hard Times. Don't know what the late papers were in other years but they are different from the first sitting.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

suhana wrote:Hi all readers and posters,

Could someone shed light on my query?
My dc is taking his selection test this Saturday, but a friend of mine has booked the alternate day. She has asked me if I could tell her whatever my dc remembers from the test on Saturday!
I am ashtonished to know that the test papers are not different on the alternate day.
We are in essex by the way and it is csse.

Thanks
Definitely do not tell your friend anything about the papers. It is not appropriate to discuss this as children sitting the exams on another day may have an advantage if people talk about the content of the papers. This is not a very nice position for your friend to have put you in. Good luck for Saturday.
inmystride

Post by inmystride »

Moonlight wrote:Definitely do not tell your friend anything about the papers. It is not appropriate to discuss this as children sitting the exams on another day may have an advantage if people talk about the content of the papers.
Unless, of course, you are The Troll who thinks it's absolutely fine to tell anyone anything as long as it won't disadvantage his/her own child. :evil:
Moatmum

Post by Moatmum »

Omg.....cant believe someone would have the nerve to ask that ! Rather cheeky if you ask me. As others have said the English paper is definitely different but I am unsure about the VR and Maths......thinking about it surely they are as many people would be abusing the system otherwise ?
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Strangely enough The Troll entered my mind when I was writing that comment. I wonder why...
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The Troll knows full well it is wrong. He/she is just trying to provoke a reaction. I believe he/she posted under other names previously doing the same thing. I recognise the style of post.
scary mum
suhana

Post by suhana »

I phoned consortium office to confirm about the repeat of test papers.
They assured me they are different and that they have a mathematician who does both papers of same difficulty level to help standardization.
Thank goodness.
I also feel what such a topic can lead to. Do I have same style as troll? who is or what is troll??
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

scary mum wrote:The Troll knows full well it is wrong. He/she is just trying to provoke a reaction. I believe he/she posted under other names previously doing the same thing. I recognise the style of post.
Couldn't agree more. Eventually people will get bored with the various topics this person keeps posting, well I assume they will anyway!
suhana wrote:Do I have same style as troll? who is or what is troll??
Troll is a poster on this forum who tries to provoke reactions from people with certain topics. Do not worry, I am sure you do not have the same style as Troll particularly as you have only just joined this brilliant forum. :)