Non-verbal reasoning test....

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

saira7

Non-verbal reasoning test....

Post by saira7 »

Hi everyone,
My first post :D ...I know there are timed sections in this test but the thing I'm uncertain about is whether a child is ALLOWED to go back to previous questions if he manages to finish his test before given time(which seems unlikely for dd but there's always hope....). many thanks
hasmum

Re: Non-verbal reasoning test....

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
I assume your DD is taking the ? slough exam, where there will be 20 q's in 10 mins for each section, I dont think they are supposed to go back but probably could look ahead if they finish a section early. I remember asking the same question and was told they cannot go back once they have completed a section, someone else may come along and clarify this......

How are you doing with regards to timing, we are just about managing to do qs in time per section.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

welcome to the forum Saira, what area are you in? It will help us to answer your question as the tests are not uniform over the country.

If the tests in your area are set by Nfer ( GL assessment style papers) then they are not allowed to go back or turn to next section until told to do so.
saira7

Post by saira7 »

Thanks for both replies...I'm in the Redbridge area and the papers are set by GL assessment.DD does manage the whole test in given time but with timed sections still needs practice as some types , she does in about 3-5 sec but some take about 25-30 sec so yeah needs more practice...oh well, fingers crossed,they manage it well on the day and so do we....