Kent Test in Deal, Kent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

peardo35

Kent Test in Deal, Kent

Post by peardo35 »

Hi my son took the Kent test and said that he found it manageable. What I want to know is-What does it mean if their school books are not required by the assessors? My son said that the children in his class that took the Kent test, all had their books taken off them a while ago. The school gave them their books back this week and he said that the children who he considers to be very intelligent books couldn't have been sent off because they were not tied together, unlike the other childrens books. Does this mean that they have probably passed? His books were not tied together either. I hate all this waiting!!!!

Kent Test - Removal of books

Post by Guest »

I am also confused about this removal of books. A few children took the eleven plus at my son's school including him and I happen to know that one of them had their books go missing for 4 days (not my son). I too know that this child is relatively level par with my son. My conclusion is that the school are are getting ready for an appeal or that the child has scored very well and another grammar school (selective) are interested in offering a place.
Could anyone enlighten me :?:

Post by Guest »

I think that the childrens books that got sent off were borderline and may need to go to appeal, because my son said that most of those children found the test really difficult. There were about 5 in my sons class who didn't get sent off (well their books were not bound together with string) and they are all very intelligent. I really hope that I'm right, because my sons books were not bound together.

I suppose I'll have to wait and see when the results come through on March 2nd. My son also took the Dover Grammar School for boys test, which is a different test to the eleven plus.
Worried Mum

Post by Worried Mum »

This could be bad news or good! Did you ask the Headmaster if he would appeal on behalf of your child before they sat the 11+?

If they take away their school books this is because the Headmaster is appealing on their behalf. If the books have not been sent away then they have either passed or the Headmaster does not think they should have passed and therefore is not appealing.

My sons Headmaster said he would appeal if our son were to fail but I have no idea if his books have been taken! Now my son is skiing and the Headmaster is there for two weeks so I guess the appeals have already been done.

Good luck to you all, this waiting is horrible!!
peardo35

Post by peardo35 »

The very intelligent children didn't have their books sent off, so I'm assuming that's because they have passed. I hope I'm right, because my son's were not sent off. He is also very intelligent, so I've got my fingers crossed.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now