Today's test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moved

Today's test

Post by moved »

Please do not post details of the test. The alternate sitting is on the 30th and although the papers are different there may be similarities in format and style.
leels2706

Re: Today's test

Post by leels2706 »

I quite agree! It will give the children who haven't yet taken the exam an unfair advantage-it is a competition after all. I will not even reveal the English passage & author to parents whose children took Saturday's exam. I can't trust them! :lol:

P.S. DS4 took the exam on Saturday. DS1, DS2 & DS3 all got KEGS x
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Leels - sounds like you need a long service award!!! :wink: good luck to DS4... hope you get a good result.
madnan

Post by madnan »

I was under the, apparently mistaken, impression that this forum was about mutual respect. But maybe I am being unreasonably sensitive taking offence to your comment. This may be a competition but it is one that is already fundamentally flawed in that it is inevitably weighted in favour of those who can afford to purchase their advantage. Anyone who is reduced to scouring these posts for a crumb of advantage must be feeling in a less than confident position and, having put two sons through CRGS and on to excellent universities, I am proud that my daughter has given her best this weekend alongside many other young people who, along with their parents, want nothing more than a fair chance for their future.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Madnan, I think you are being supersensitive. I don't think the competition comment was meant to cause upset. The thing is, to be honest because there are fewer places available than test sitters, there is an air of competition about the whole process. Please don't panic, there's no suggestion of anyone belittling efforts of those sitting, I'm sure leels is just letting off steam.

Good luck and try not to panic
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Madnan - which comments are you referring to ?

I think Leels emoticons probably indicate that the comments where meant to be in a light hearted way ... you know that slightly manic post exam feeling? ... a brief period of letting off steam before the results :shock:
madnan

Post by madnan »

Not panicking, what will be will be, and maybe I wasn't clear. I don't disagree with the competition comment, although I do feel it isn't a fair playing field. My response was to the comment about trust. I felt that was unnecessary and I personally posted a comment about the English paper asking for information anyone might have, purely out of interest, and a desire to share my daughters thoughts about it post-exam
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

madnan wrote:I personally posted a comment about the English paper asking for information anyone might have, purely out of interest, and a desire to share my daughters thoughts about it post-exam
I agree with this and thought it was unnecessary to post this, unless leels did not mean parents on this forum??????:
leels2706 wrote: I will not even reveal the English passage & author to parents whose children took Saturday's exam. I can't trust them! :lol:
inmystride

Post by inmystride »

hermanmunster wrote:This may be a competition but it is one that is already fundamentally flawed in that it is inevitably weighted in favour of those who can afford to purchase their advantage.
I disagree 100% :)

hmmmm... thought I was quoting Madnan not hermanmunster ! :o
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

I agree with Leel, there may be people out there trying to gain an unfair advantage. On another string, people are PM'ing each other but how does one know whether their child has sat the exam or will sit the exam on the 30th. Best thing is to not discuss the papers at all.

HD
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now