Bucks appeal - khanj010's appeal thread

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
khanj010

Bucks appeal - khanj010's appeal thread

Post by khanj010 »

can any one please help! my ds got his results today but he did not qualify 108 /113. can we still appeal and if so will it be sucessful.
im very gutted that he did not get more as the first paper he found easy but got a low score in this.
the teachers are 100 % behind him as they thought he would pass so i know they will support me at the appeal. any one been in the same situation, please get back to me as im feeling very down as he worked very hard an i know he is gs material.
Sally-Anne

Re: Bucks - To appeal or not with 116?

Post by Sally-Anne »

khanj010 - each appeal thread is considered to be a "personal thread" for the individual's case.

Please start your own thread to discuss your case.
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

how do i move what ive written to another post
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

I'm not sure you can move posts to other threads, as this might just be for a moderators but you could try to copy your posts into the new thread.
;D
Etienne

Re: Bucks appeal

Post by Etienne »

Thingsbehindthesun is right. I've moved the posts for you.

Please stick to this one thread now (for appeals).
Etienne
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Dear Khanj010

Sorry to hear the sad news but please dont worry. It feels like the end of the world but its not! If the school are willing to support then thats great and will form a large part of your evidence.

Dont despair..good luck!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Khanj010

I am sorry to hear that you didn't get the news you were hoping for. You can appeal with any score however with scores of 109/113 you would have to demonstrate extremely good evidence of academic ability and be able to explain why your DS did not get higher scores on the day. You mention some extenuating circumstances - these are taken into consideration but have to be quite significant to explain the short fall in the marks.

The sort of thing would be if a child was doing really well at school - something happened at home or elsewhere and the child's work deteriorated at that point (not just during the exam) and then they did not get a good exam result.

Probably worth having a word with the head re plans for an appeal
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

thanks etienne for moving the thread and thanks hermanmunster for your quick replyl.
i feel even more depressed today as i did not sleep well . can you tell me has anyone appealed after having these results 108/ 113 and have they been successful and on what grounds.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... aneous#e29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(scroll down to 'f')

The lower scores will have had very strong, wide-ranging academic evidence:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and convincing extenuating circumstances:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You need to read the Q&As! :)

You should also browse through the following section, looking for feedback on previous Bucks appeals in January/February:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =35&t=9205" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

dear etienne just want to pm you about something but dont know how to! still not got the hang of this.