Bucks Appeal - Admin Questions

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BSG

Bucks Appeal - Admin Questions

Post by BSG »

Hello,

Have decided that, with scores of 119 and 117, to appeal to Bucks.

Just a few admin questions which I would be very grateful to have answered:

1. Do I send originals of school reports with my forms, or will photocopies suffice?

2. If I do send originals, will they be returned to me at the Appeal Hearing?

3. We have DS’s end of year 5 school report, which was very positive and which we shall include in our appeals paperwork. Is there a compelling case to include Year 4 report (also positive), or is this just overloading the panel with old information?

4. We do not have any official school paperwork with regards to test scores in year 5 (we were shown them at the parents’ evening). Hopefully, the head teacher will write these in the form she fills. If the HT does this, will this be sufficient? If not, do schools provide some sort of official paperwork with regards to such tests?

Thanks everyone!
Sally-Anne

Re: Bucks Appeal - Admin Questions

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi BSG
BSG wrote:Do I send originals of school reports with my forms, or will photocopies suffice?
You should send photocopies. Take the originals to the hearing with you in case they are needed for any odd reason.
We have DS’s end of year 5 school report, which was very positive and which we shall include in our appeals paperwork. Is there a compelling case to include Year 4 report (also positive), or is this just overloading the panel with old information?
The more the merrier if it is positive! It shows consistent performance. I wouldn't go back beyond Year 3 reports though. KS1 SATs results are also helpful if you have them and they are good.
We do not have any official school paperwork with regards to test scores in year 5 (we were shown them at the parents’ evening). Hopefully, the head teacher will write these in the form she fills. If the HT does this, will this be sufficient? If not, do schools provide some sort of official paperwork with regards to such tests?
Provided the Head puts them on the form, that will be sufficient.

Sally-Anne
BSG

Re: Bucks Appeal - Admin Questions

Post by BSG »

Thanks Sally Anne.

I met with the HT this morning and she sounded as if she would be very supportive in her comments, so fingers crossed!