Requesting Raw Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jabba7

Requesting Raw Scores

Post by jabba7 »

Hi

My DS qualified, thank goodness and my heart goes out to those who didn't as it is such a stressful process. I have heard of a couple of children who are top of the year but didn’t qualify which is really surprising and unfair.

I am thinking of requesting the raw score just so I know how this measures against my DS VRTS as it will help me in understanding the process more as I have two siblings to go through this process in later years.

Has anyone else requested this that is not appealing?

Thanks
crunchie

Re: Requesting Raw Scores

Post by crunchie »

I have e-mailed the Education Department this morning requesting the raw scores. We are not appealing but I am still interested in the raw score before standardisation took place.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I can't see a particular benefit in requesting them unless they are for an appeal. The Sticky on the Bucks section gives an indication of the sort of raw scores that correlate to standardised scores and they are unlikely to change significantly from year to year.

However, if people are requesting raw scores then I would appreciate you letting me know what they are, in the format

:: Month of birth
:: Raw score paper 1
:: SS paper 1
:: Raw score paper 2
:: SS paper 2

I will then compile them and add them to the current Sticky. PM me with them if you prefer not to post on the forum.
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

Hi Crunchie

Can you request by email as I thought we had to send a cheque?

I am the same as you keen to understand more re the process in relation to my DS as I undersatnd what he was scoring on practice papers and can relate this to his siblings.

Thanks
crunchie

Post by crunchie »

Hi jabba7

It does say on the Bucks CC website the following under 11+ results.

If you wish, you may ask us for your child’s raw test scores (mark out of 80, before standardisation), their test papers to be remarked by hand and
for an analysis of the test papers. Each of these requests carries a charge. You should contact us at admissions@buckscc.gov.uk if you would like more
information on how to ask for any of these services.

I hope this helps.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Alternatively, available on a friendly Forum near you: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=12629" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wink:
11plushelp

Post by 11plushelp »

Today I have applied for remarking and analysis, both costs £25. You need to write a letter and mention a reason to do so with a cheque.
Did anyone in the past get different scores whilst remarking? I am not sure whether Council would openly acknowledge an error in their marking!!

11plushelp
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

11plushelp - a computer marks the tests and I believe they are sent away somewhere!
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

Thanks Crunchie
Kiwimum

Post by Kiwimum »

I wasn't going to request My DD's raw score unless we had to appeal for oversubscription - which I am expecting to have to do, however, after reading on this site that I only have 21 days from receiving the standardised results I rang BCC yesterday to find out what I had to do.
They advised:
1. Send a letter, with your child's details, requesting raw scores to:

Buckinghamshire County Council
Admissions & Transport Team
Achievement & Learning
County Hall
Aylesbury
HP20 1UZ

2. Include a cheque for £10 made payable to Buckinghamshire County Council

3. They confirmed this must be done within 21 days of receiving the results
(another great piece of information I wouldn't have been aware of if it wasn't for this site! Thanks Etienne and Sally-Anne.)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now