Question about any further tests in order to remain at GS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
misspiggy

Question about any further tests in order to remain at GS

Post by misspiggy »

I feel embarrassed about asking this question, but as I am not originally from Bucks, I really do not know the answer.

The question is: will my DS need to do any further exams/tests in order to remain at the GS?

I've just been reading the JHGS website and it states that admission for KS4 is..

'Entry into Year 10 (and exceptionally Year 11) is via direct application the school. Pupils will be required to sit tests in a range of curriculum subjects (including English, Mathematics, Sciences, Languages, Humanities and Design) and entry is dependent on performance and spaces being available. Please contact the school for details. '

I'm hoping the answer to my question is that my DS can stay at GS until the age of 18 without doing any further admissions testing.
Guest55

Re: Question about any further tests in order to remain at G

Post by Guest55 »

They go straight into KS4 but do need to get good enough GCSEs to stay on. I also believe from a friend that JHGS has high grades needed at AS (all at C or higher) to get into Year 13 :shock:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Misspiggy - I would have thought that this was for children moving from other schools into GS at the beginning of year 10?? rather than those already there. The schools sometimes (often) have entry requirements to their sixth form eg average grade B at GCSE or so many A's etc etc
misspiggy

Post by misspiggy »

[quote="Guest55"]'They go straight into KS4 but do need to get good enough GCSEs to stay on. I also believe from a friend that JHGS has high grades needed at AS (all at C or higher) to get into Year 13'

Thank you Guest55,

I have now managed to look at the 2012 sixth form admissions and you're right, the admissions criteria is the same for external candidates too (For anyone else that is interested, I have copied and pasted the PDF link below):

http://web.jhgs.bucks.sch.uk/Sixth%20Fo ... 202012.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by misspiggy on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
misspiggy

Post by misspiggy »

hermanmunster wrote:Hi Misspiggy - I would have thought that this was for children moving from other schools into GS at the beginning of year 10?? rather than those already there. The schools sometimes (often) have entry requirements to their sixth form eg average grade B at GCSE or so many A's etc etc
Thanks Hermanmunster (love the name! :) ), what a relief!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now