Strictness of Appeals board in 2012 (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jasmin

Strictness of Appeals board in 2012 (Bucks)

Post by Jasmin »

I am about to appeal for my DD who got 111 and 120 in the exam is fully supported by the school recommended as 1:1 and predicted 5 in maths and english.

Regardless of whether we have a good case or not I am concerned that in the current economic climate more children than usual will have sat and passed the exam and there will already be pressure on places.

I would like to know if any knows whether this is likely to lead to the appeal process being more strict this year?
Etienne

Re: Strictness of Appeals board in 2012

Post by Etienne »

Absolutely not as far as selection appeals are concerned! The one and only issue for the panel is whether the child should be deemed qualified. They will take no account whatsoever of pressure for school places.

If there's a problem with oversubscription, it will come after 1st March with allocations and then transfer appeals.
Etienne
Sally-Anne

Re: Strictness of Appeals board in 2012

Post by Sally-Anne »

... and the number of pupils taking the test is really pretty consistent every year.

These assertions about "more pupils taking the test because of the recession/ the bad weather/ the price of bananas" turn up every year without fail in Bucks.

It is just the parent panic rumour mill at work.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now