Habs Girls 2012 entrance exams

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Apple10

Habs Girls 2012 entrance exams

Post by Apple10 »

Hello All,
I'm new to this forum so apologies if this question has been asked before.

Habs Gils do not issue practice papers. Has anybody's DDs done these exams in the past?
We have been working through the Habs Boys papers which are available on line. Can anyone please suggest any other practice material?

Apple10
leanmeamum

Re: Habs Girls 2012 entrance exams

Post by leanmeamum »

they are part of a consortium so City Of London, NLCS papers are useful which can be downloaded from their websites
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

Habs isn't the consortium- though it would make things easier if it was.
Group1:

Francis Holland (Clarence Gate), Francis Holland (Graham Terrace), Heathfield School, Notting Hill and Ealing High School, Queen’s College, St. Albans High School, St. Helen’s High School, South Hampstead High School, The Royal School, Hampstead.

Group 2:

Channing School, City of London School for Girls, More House, North London Collegiate School, Northwood College, Queen’s Gate School, St. James Independent School, The Godolphin and Latymer School.

NOT IN A GROUP

Haberdashers’ Aske’s Girls School, Elstree.

St. Paul’s Girls’ School.
;D
Apple10

Post by Apple10 »

Thanks all,
Have started practising the NL Consortium papers for Maths & English.

However, Habs Girls have said they set their own VR paper.
Does anyone know whether it is multiple choice or of a standard format?
Also how many questions and how long?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Hello, my elder dd sat Habs girls last year and my younger dd sat it this year. They had already sat Dame Alice Owen, Henrietta Barnet, The Watford Consortium and City of London School for Girls by the time they sat Habs so they had already done plenty of Maths and VR. I would recommend Athey, Walsh and GL for the VR. The Maths is solid KS2 and the English was a pretty straight forward comprehension. Send off for the CSSE papers as their Maths and English are quite challenging. If you do a search on my posts with the thread HABS you will find several threads on this. I found the Habs admissions team absolutely wonderful to deal with, they could not have been more helpful and supportive. DG
Apple10

Post by Apple10 »

Thanks Daogroupie.
Do your daughters remember whether the VR was multi-choice or of the standard format?
Stmichaelsfan

Post by Stmichaelsfan »

Ilike the ISEB papers as they also contain a marking scheme.
2GirlsDad

Post by 2GirlsDad »

Hi, I am a bit surprised that Habs do not have a separate exam sitting for scholarships. Any thoughts on how they select? :?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

St Albans, NCLS, and Habs all invite the high achievers from the exams back for scholarship tests and interviews. My dd did the scholarships tests for St Albans and was quite pleased to have beaten all but nine of the fifty odd preps. She did harder VR and NVR tests and a different interview. We know someone who got a joint Music and Maths scholarships for NCLS and Music scholarship for Habs but turned both down for a music place at DAO. DG
Apple10

Post by Apple10 »

Does anyone remember how may questions there were in the VR paper last year?
Were there around 80-85 to be completed in 50mins? Or was it like Habs Boys 75 questions in 30 mins?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now