English Comprehension Multiple Choice scores NFER Letts GL

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Spatel2

English Comprehension Multiple Choice scores NFER Letts GL

Post by Spatel2 »

Hi
Can anyone please share the scores their DC is achieving in the English MC papers (NFER Letts GL).

From what I've read on here, the English is the hardest paper compared to Maths VR and NVR.

My son scores about on average 90 in VR and NVR and 92-96 in the Maths (strict timed conditions). However, he only scored 70% in paper A - with 2-3 silly mistakes, without the silly mistakes he would scored about 76%.

So far, DS has only done only one GL English - 70% and one Maths - 94%

Maths and English exams due in 4-5 weeks

Cheers
um

Re: English Comprehension Multiple Choice scores NFER Letts

Post by um »

My pupils' scores varied widely between the papers on GL MC English. Although we only actually covered comprehension, not the other bits!
On some papers we'd get an average of 65% :shock: , on others, everyone did far better with an average of around 90%!
So as your dc has only done one paper, I suggest they try others and see how they do.

In general though, I feel that GL English MC is easier than Bond English MC.
Spatel2

Re: English Comprehension Multiple Choice scores NFER Letts

Post by Spatel2 »

Thanks for that, I think he just had a blip and he was a tad rusty with his English...he's now scoring a lot higher :-)
Not quite the 90% you mentioned, but not far off it. I've read notes made by a couple of other teacher's and they say that thier top performing pupils, scored near the 84% mark in NFER papers, and this got them very high standardised scores in the actual tests!

Cheers
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now