Why do I lose stuff in December?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KS10

Why do I lose stuff in December?

Post by KS10 »

Just letting off steam ...

Some of you may remember that I lost my wedding ring last year on my birthday.

Well, today, I lost my mobile phone. I was trying to get in touch with OH - you knew I'd try to blame him somehow :D - and was becoming more and more irate as he wasn't picking up. At the same time, I was shopping in M & S, having promised to feed my parents for a change (they are always feeding my family). I couldn't find anything suitable so decided I would go to the supermarket instead. That's when I realised I no longer had it with me. With the help of the staff there, we had a good old look, but it was clear that someone had found it and had decided to keep it or that it had been stolen from my pocket, especially when OH received an accidental call from my phone and he could hear female voices in the background :evil: .

Now to try and put together my contacts from scratch ... :(
Looking for help

Re: Why do I lose stuff in December?

Post by Looking for help »

Ohh you may lose stuff in December, I lose stuff in airports. I am sooooo scared of flying that I am completely useless when going on/coming back from holiday. Last summer I lost my mobile on the way to my holidays, sparking a major alert with my some of my family who were trying to get in touch with me, but failed to remember I'd told them we were away and so they didn't manage to contact us for the 10 days and nearly reported us missing.
On the way back I lost my very expensive sunglasses, although managed to go back the way through security and retrieve them only to not be allowed back through becuase my boarding pass was on the other side with my family.
Yuk hate flying and airports almost as much as school trousers for girls :o

Have however discovered that a major meltdown in Tenerife airport by a British woman with sunglasses could provide cover for terrorist activity as staff in airport helped me through security with no ticket/boarding pass while patting me on the back in a comforting manner to be reunited with my 'family' all because of the hysteria brought on by fear of staying in Tenerife all by myself:lol:

KS10 I think you should do what I am going to do from now on, which is avoid the problem. Obviously you need to put all your valuables in a safe place on 30th November to be retrieved 1st Jan....I will stop flying anywhere ever.
daughter

Post by daughter »

I have lost my Spanx!!! Searched the house high and low and with the parties about to kick off I think I am going to have to buy more ( its the all in one dress thingy so quite ££££ but very necessary).
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I think I might start " losing " things in December then I'll have an excuse to buy lots of nice things for myself during my Christmas shopping trips.

I never lose anything, I'm the only person in my house who knows where everything is (DH regularly loses his keys somewhere between the car and the front door...he needs them on a piece of string around his neck ) but I do misplace possessions after I've had a couple of drinks and bizarrely feel the need to put my purse/phone in a safe place on entering the house. After a frantic search the next morning, they usually turn up in the fridge or bathroom cabinet . :?
KS10

Post by KS10 »

KS10 I think you should do what I am going to do from now on, which is avoid the problem. Obviously you need to put all your valuables in a safe place on 30th November to be retrieved 1st Jan....I will stop flying anywhere ever.
LFH, you really made me laugh. I hate flying too and become very religious on a plane, promising to do (and not to do) all kinds of stuff. I don't think anyone is going to be able to top your advice.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I have lost my Spanx!!! Searched the house high and low and with the parties about to kick off I think I am going to have to buy more ( its the all in one dress thingy so quite ££££ but very necessary).
I've just invested in some, but I went for the cheaper bottom-half spanx. I love them so I completely understand where you're coming from.
I think I might start " losing " things in December then I'll have an excuse to buy lots of nice things for myself during my Christmas shopping trips.
It wasn't deliberate, honest!
I think my SIM is still in the phone because it goes straight to voicemail when I ring it. Am I right in thinking that if someone had discarded it, the number would be unavailable? Maybe it's still in M & S.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

I have more of a problem with things going wrong in December, Sky+ has stopped working properly, microwave has died, kettle has died, washing machine has died (washing is piling up so high we can't see out of the windows), DS's laptop has died, needs it for all his school work. Ho hum!

Love all your stories, you have all made me really laugh out loud! :D
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

I think it could be a case of already being stressed about Christmas which affects everyones heads.
;D
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Nope not mine....I don't lose things or break things in December, only in airports :o whatever month of the year

I am going to Scarborough for my holidays next summer. :P

Fran... I hope all your stuff gets fixed/replaced soon...no washing machine or kettle is the pits.

KS10 - your phone has probably run out of battery now if you've lost it in the shop and that's why its going to voicemail, rather than ringing out. Have you called your Sim provider to stop the sim card from working? Since I last lost my phone on my holiday this year I am now down to 5 contacts , my OH and my four children. My phone bills have gone down by a little bit I have to say :lol:
999 mum

Post by 999 mum »

Looking for help wrote: I am now down to 5 contacts , my OH and my four children. My phone bills have gone down by a little bit I have to say
If it was a smart phone the contacts might be saved in the email account that you used to set up the phone. (they are for htc)