How selective is Eltham College?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Longtime_Lurker

How selective is Eltham College?

Post by Longtime_Lurker »

Typed a very long post, that somehow got deleted.

Grateful for any advice on how selective is Eltham College. We decided quite late to apply for the Jan 2012 exams. He passed the Bexley and Kent exams but not very highly, so in need of a backup. We actually stopped tutoring at the StO's exams, so not sure if he will be prepared for the exams.

Any help greatfully appreciated.

Thanks
LazyDaisy

Re: How selective is Eltham College?

Post by LazyDaisy »

You need lefol - her ds has just started at Eltham and she was in a similar position to you last year. Search for her messages from this time last year and you will find some good info.

I would expect your ds to pass Eltham if he has passed the Kent and Bexley tests. However, the interview is pretty important too.
lefol

Post by lefol »

Hello,

Thanks Laisy Daisy for all your help last year too. Eltham
is quite selective but your ds should get in if he passed the Kent and Bexley test. The Maths and verbal reasoning are similar to the Bexley and Kent papers . The English paper consists of comprehension and essay writing. They really do push the kids . They are asked to bring something along to the interview to talk about , ds took a sports trophy .
Jiff

Post by Jiff »

This is a couple of years ago now, but my DS took a Yu-Gi-Oh! card to talk about (and was offered a scholarship) so I suspect they are looking for an object that will help your DS relax and show himself to his best.
Longtime_Lurker

Post by Longtime_Lurker »

Thanks all for your advice, I'll be putting the form in next monday and hope for the best.

I'm pleased to hear that the maths and verbal reasoning are similar to the bexley and Kent test as we've done very little revision since November. We are currently focusing on comprehension and will do a couple of familiarisation papers of the others.

Thanks again
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now