Worse xmas pressie

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
poiuyt

Worse xmas pressie

Post by poiuyt »

Thought we could share (anonymously from peering family and friends) some of our worse xmas pressies, those that have been confined to the back of the cupboard, or will find their way to the garbage bin accidentally of course..

Mine has to be a £5 Sainsbury's food voucher from Gran...what's that all about then!!
faitaccompli

Re: Worse xmas pressie

Post by faitaccompli »

My sister gave my son a remote control helicopter. THat can only be flown indoors ...
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Strangest rather than worst - but here goes .....

My Father in Law gave my DD's aged 8 and 11 an indoor exercise machine!!?!! - comprising a rowing machine and various other sections! And he gave the 11 year old a second hand English Turkish dictionary, and the 8 year old a book about nuts (the eating sort) and a small teddy bear with 'worlds best grandma' on the box! All very random!!!!? :) :shock: :)

He is sorting out his cluttered house - and decluttering into ours!!! :roll: :roll:
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Plastic lettuce knife! - although sister may have the last laugh when I use it every week for the Big Diet 2012!
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Booklady wrote:Strangest rather than worst - but here goes .....

My Father in Law gave my DD's aged 8 and 11 an indoor exercise machine!!?!! - comprising a rowing machine and various other sections! And he gave the 11 year old a second hand English Turkish dictionary, and the 8 year old a book about nuts (the eating sort) and a small teddy bear with 'worlds best grandma' on the box! All very random!!!!? :) :shock: :)

He is sorting out his cluttered house - and decluttering into ours!!! :roll: :roll:

Lolll! All very useful things I'd say... ( laughing !!!)
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

As soon as Xmas ends, now it's new years day pressies turn
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

poiuyt wrote:As soon as Xmas ends, now it's new years day pressies turn
New Year's day pressies???? :shock:
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

Growing trend, and why not, we have pressies for nearly every other calendar used bank holiday
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

poiuyt wrote:Growing trend, and why not, we have pressies for nearly every other calendar used bank holiday
hmm not me - Easter, Christmas and birthday only.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

We do Boxing Day Pressies...always a novelty type ...this year it was badly made felt stars with a question inside and if you got the answer right you were allowed to open your present. After a few glasses of wine I finally was allowed to open mine a couple of hours after every one else. :oops: :evil:

The worse present I received was last year from my mother in law...a Christmas mug filled with out of date toffees. :? This year I received Clarins Smellies...must have behaved myself this year !