11+ past papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
spam

11+ past papers

Post by spam »

Is it possible to get hold of past papers? My daughter's tutor is working out of the Susan Daughtrey books and has covered 19 techniques so far, but I would like to see a real paper for myself and use it for practice. Also, who publishes practice papers nearest to the real thing?

Thanks
Sam
Y

Post by Y »

We were told at our school's 11+ meeting, that the questions are selected from a bank of 1000 (I believe that was the number), and thus anyone in a position to look over the papers from year-to-year will begin to see questions re-used. If this is accurate, then this explains why past papers are not available, though I have heard rumours of tutors who might once have been in the school system, who have managed to make copies of old papers....

The nearest you will get to an 'old' paper is the set published by nfer themselves, which are available from all the usual outlets, including this web site. These papers, however, have 85 questions rather than the 80 which you get in the Bucks 11+. (I have also heard rumours that the actual 11+ papers are more difficult than the nfer practice ones. Has anyone any views on that?) The usual advice, however, is to save these papers for use late on in the preparation cycle. Patricia has posted in a number of places on this site about the best order to use papers in. I'm sure when she drops by that she'll post a link for you.

Assuming your child is in a state primary in Bucks, they they will get the opportunity to sit practice papers in school, under exam conditions, later in the summer or in the autumn. These papers are public domain, because the children get sent home with them, and they are re-used year after year. (I think there might be a few different sets of them. Does anyone know for certain?). Just be warned, that if you get hold of these and use them with your child, then they won't get a 'proper' practice of sitting papers in exam conditions prior to the actual 11+.

Y
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi SPAM

Go to HOME page, REGIONS, select BUCKS, all the correct information you require has been posted there.

Regards

Mike
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Sam

If your child's tutor is working from the Susan Daughtrey books, ask her why? I am horrified!

There are no past papers available.

Bucks tests are only 21 types [not the 40 plus used in these books]

The test is Multiple Choice [herbooks are in standard form, the method and technique is different for M/C]

Does this tutor know there are only 21 types, is she/he explaining the difference between standard and Multiple Choice?

What tests does the tutor propose to use? [should be IPS, Bright Sparks [S.Daughtrey] and Nfer.

Nfer only cover 15 of the 21 types and are of a similar difficulty

If the tutor cannot give the right answers, you need to think carefully about keeping them on, have you thought of DIY, you can find plenty of help on this forum.

I think you need to have a chat with your tutor before you carry on.

Once things are a bit clearer, perhaps you could post back and we may be able to help you.

Patricia

Dear Y

The practice papers have never changed, they are the same tests each year, hence headteachers are advised NOT to use their results for appeals. It used to be just 2 practice papers, Paper 1 and 2, now its 3 papers A, 1 and 2

Paper A is easier than the real thing and must be administered first. Papers 1 and 2 are of the same difficulty as the real test.

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now