Hampton School interviews ?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mynameisbond

Hampton School interviews ?

Post by mynameisbond »

Did anyone's DS sit the Hampton exam last week and if so any ideas when we may hear re interviews ? I know they are doing scholarship interviews this wk and others will follow but presume we will get several days notice. Maybe those who did it last year can give some insider info ?

Many thanks
MmeH

Re: Hampton School interviews ?

Post by MmeH »

My DS is currently in Yr 8 at Hampton so we went through this 2 yrs ago (and are now doing similar with DD) and it can take long time to get the interview letters. If I recall correctly we didn't hear until nearly 2 weeks after the exam! So hang in there and believe me I know how stressful it is :( . How did your DS find the papers?
Rosette

Post by Rosette »

My DS took the test a couple of years ago. We received a letter about 10 days after the exam and were given plenty of notice for the interview. If I recall correctly, I think they sent out interview letters in batches, not all on the same day.

DS2 took it this year so we are waiting to hear!

Good luck!
Rosette
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

Hi MmeH - he found the VR easy, the English ok and the Maths the hardest paper of them all but still ok. He finished them all but we have no idea what that means !! What did your son think of them and are you happy with the school ?
munch

Post by munch »

Mynameisbond -DS sat this too last week. No idea how he has done. I called the school today and was advised the scholarship interview notifications have already gone out and the normal interview letters will go out in 2 days. Good luck!
twooutofthree

Post by twooutofthree »

My DS sat exam last week and we are still waiting to hear. :?: He found maths pretty tough and the rest fine. I think it was a bit of a shock for him as I think he was expecting Latymer next week to be even harder. I’m not sure if I will tell him before the exam if he doesn’t get an interview. Whole thing is so stressful...losing sleep..etc. I’m sure it wasn’t this bad 2 years ago with DD.
MmeH

Post by MmeH »

Sounds like yr DS did OK in the tests, Mynameisbond. I know when my DS sat them 2 yrs ago he really freaked me out as he said he didn't finish the maths or the comprehension, said VR was fine BUT he gave me a graphic description of his essay which I think must have scraped him in! He has totally blossomed at the school, really happy with it! Just not sure that there is quite the equivalent place for DD and hating going through all this stressful business again :(. I think you may not hear until Saturday week (we certainly didn't hear until after the Latymer exam), try not to worry ( v hard I know!). Twooutofthree where did your DD end up?
twooutofthree

Post by twooutofthree »

She is at Notting Hill and loving it.
MmeH

Post by MmeH »

Ah, good, considered NHES but thought it was a bit of a long and tricky journey for us.
V. excited at the moment as heard today that DD has an interview at LEH which is her preferred choice :D. Trying to keep feet on ground though as it is just a required but not sufficient step!
Good luck to everyone else and hope you hear soon.
twooutofthree

Post by twooutofthree »

Well done to your DD, MmeH. That’s fantastic news. I hope it goes really well for her. LEH is a great school. We’ve still not heard anything but I am trying not to read too much into it and hope that we’ll have some news over the next few days.
Good luck!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now