Habs exam today

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

svg123

Habs exam today

Post by svg123 »

Hello everyone,

My DS found the exam no different to last year's but felt reasoning exam was timed extremely tight (75questions in 30mins). He managed to complete it but had no time left to double check in the end.
Anyone got any feedback from their DS?

Thanks in advance
checker

Re: Habs exam today

Post by checker »

My DS also found the Reasoning paper difficult to complete in the time they had. In fact he says he missed a few... So we shall see. Does anyone know what the Reasoning format was last year?
surreymum

Re: HABS Exam today

Post by surreymum »

Dear all
I don't know much about the HABS exams but I assume there will be a late sitting of this exam for children who were unwell or unable to make it that day. Assuming this is the case I have removed the posts from here as there was quite a lot of detailed exam discussion which could benefit someone sitting the exam late
Please feel free to discuss how your children got on, but without specific details of the exam
surreymum
nervyfinchleymum

Re: HABS Exam today

Post by nervyfinchleymum »

Has anyone had a letter inviting their son to an interview pursuant to the Habs exam on Friday 6 Jan? Am getting nervous...
svg123

Re: Habs 2012

Post by svg123 »

I have not received any communication from the school yet.
Is it not too early to expect a response from the school?
vivienphung

Post by vivienphung »

We have not received any letter yet but first date of interview is 19th Jan so there is still time.
Pushy Dad

Post by Pushy Dad »

We got the letter on the 14th last year for an interview slot on the 25th. No need to panic ... yet :-)
maddad

Post by maddad »

I must admit that the first thing I did when I got home tonight was check the post - nothing yet.

I was thinking they'll need to be getting the letters out by the end of this week given the interviews are starting next Thursday. As Pushy Dad suggests, we should probably expect something around Friday or so...
tenterhooks

Post by tenterhooks »

Anyone been notified of interviews yet?
maddad

Post by maddad »

Nothing today. I found a thread from 2008, in which people got the letters Saturday / Monday, so maybe another couple of days to wait.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now