Bucks appeal 118,112

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Why

Bucks appeal 118,112

Post by Why »

DD mentioned incident which occurred on both days of exam. incident was not recorded, can we still mention this in the appeal.
Etienne

Re: Bucks appeal 118,112

Post by Etienne »

Welcome!
DD mentioned incident which occurred on both days of exam. incident was not recorded, can we still mention this in the appeal.
Yes, although most such incidents may not carry much weight at an appeal - not that you need much in the way of extenuating circumstances with 118!

It's the academic evidence that's really important.
Etienne
Why

bucks appeal 118,112

Post by Why »

Thank you for your reply Etienne.

What is the best format for KS2 predictions. DD school predicted 5 for Maths and English as requested in HM summary sheet. I am not sure whether they can put it in subdivisions and do we have to provide ks2 predictions for science as well.

I have compiled DD optional SATs test results from year 3 to year 5 which had subdivisions. Can I send them to your private mail box for your comment.
Etienne

Re: bucks appeal 118,112

Post by Etienne »

What is the best format for KS2 predictions. DD school predicted 5 for Maths and English as requested in HM summary sheet. I am not sure whether they can put it in subdivisions
It's up to them. See B11c (sub-levels):
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and do we have to provide ks2 predictions for science as well.
It's optional. (Only English & maths are specified on the headteacher's summary sheet.)
I have compiled DD optional SATs test results from year 3 to year 5 which had subdivisions. Can I send them to your private mail box for your comment.
You can - although I can't promise when I'll have time to look at them! :)
Etienne
Why

Bucks appeal 118, 112

Post by Why »

I have sent the information to your private mailbox for your input. I just wanted to find out whether they are suitable as I have no other academic evidence. Though strong support from the school.
Etienne

Re: Bucks appeal 118,112

Post by Etienne »

Dear Why - if you hit "post reply" rather than "new topic" you'll be able to keep to one thread. :)

The year 3 SATs are what one would ideally have liked to see in year 2 (as a predictor of grammar school standard).

Reading ought to have been 4b in year 4, but the progression from year 4 to year 5 is fine.

Writing remained static between year 3 and year 4, but fortunately this was made up for between year 4 and year 5.

Maths didn't progress as much as it should between year 2 and 3, but progress from year 3 to 4, and especially from year 4 to 5, has been very good.

Science has been static between year 4 and year 5!

Based on these results, I would expect at KS2:
English 5b/c
Maths 5a
Science 5c
(This is only an estimate, however, as progress has been a bit erratic!)

What 'top sets' means depends on the quality of the school/year group.

Reading & spelling look fine, and it's good to see the certificate of merit for creative writing.

I think you should suggest to the panel that your son is stronger on the maths side, and that VR on its own may not have given a complete picture of his abilities.

The range of academic evidence I would recommend is set out in the Q&As:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now