Was Langley exam (secondary school) difficult this year?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jignesh Mehta

Was Langley exam (secondary school) difficult this year?

Post by Jignesh Mehta »

Can everyone please tell me what marks kids are getting this year for Langley exam ? Few smart kids at my son school whom I expected to pass with good grades also have failed. May be this year poeple are more towards lower gardes ?

My son has passed (115) but not with marks we expected him to get.

Reponses will be greatly appreciated.
scary mum

Re: Was Langley exam (secondary school) difficult this year?

Post by scary mum »

I think it is probably standardised so the same percentage will pass each year.
scary mum
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
I thought the slough consortium schools have the same exam, and dc take it at their first consortium choice.

My ds said the VR was ok and the nvr was not as easy due to the time limit on each section. He did very well on the VR and fairly well on the NVR , he had missed the last 2 qs on the NVR as he ran out of time. His average was fairly good, I didn't expect this, it was a pleasant surprise. I dont know if this will be enough to secure a place for Herschel as dont know how many will have achieved above this. We are OOC.

Hope this helps ,Just have to pray.
Good luck
anupreet

Post by anupreet »

Jignesh Mehta wrote:Can everyone please tell me what marks kids are getting this year for Langley exam ? Few smart kids at my son school whom I expected to pass with good grades also have failed. May be this year poeple are more towards lower gardes ?

My son has passed (115) but not with marks we expected him to get.

Reponses will be greatly appreciated.
Hi I havent received any letter up till now. Is the school just informing successful candidates only? Vey worried.
periperi

Post by periperi »

My DS also passed but with less than the expected marks despite achieving very high scores in both mock exams he sat.
But a couple of colleagues that work with me their sons scored higher, so I put it down to an off day.
We can but pray that it all works out well in the end.
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

mine took it today. He finished both papers in the time but said vr was easier than nvr. At least we don't have to wait long for the results!
Desperate_Parents

Post by Desperate_Parents »

faitaccompli wrote:mine took it today. He finished both papers in the time but said vr was easier than nvr. At least we don't have to wait long for the results!
My daughter also said the VR was easier than NVR but she scored higher in NVR and less in VR making her average 109 :-(
Hence my earlier post about "re-markking" of the paper.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Children's perception of how they've done is frequently wrong. Standardisation plays a part in the final result!

It's very, very rare for re-marks to discover any errors. No reason not to ask, though.
Etienne
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

Agreed. Mine thinks all his tests are easy, no matter what mark he gets. Ignorance truly is bliss .....
chad

Post by chad »

Hi I havent received any letter up till now. Is the school just informing successful candidates only? Vey worried.
HI Anupreet,

Hope you have received the letter, if not ring the school where your child took the exam.