Date for your diary .......2013 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2outof3

Date for your diary .......2013 entry

Post by 2outof3 »

For anyone considering Tiffin Boys for 2013 entry, they have now posted the date of the exam - its Thursday 27th September.

May as well add it to the diary now :shock:
2outof3

Re: Date for your diary .......2013 entry

Post by 2outof3 »

I've also just noticed that the registration form for the Tiffin exam will have to be completed by 20th July! This will catch out soooooooo many people. :shock:

What will Tiffin boys do when it's flooded with people in September trying to register to take the test? My DS goes to primary school in borough of Kingston and the school has never once informed parents about previous deadlines so I very much doubt that they will do so this time :roll:
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

All those interested will soon find out from their school friends, parents coming to pick up children, tutors etc. It is true that Primary Schools have absolutely no role in advising about 11plus tests and so few Kingston children actually get into Tiffin Schools.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

I guess the girls school will also be making an announcement, but generally haven't the two boys and girls had thier exams
on the same day?
Last edited by Thingsbehindthesun on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
;D
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Yes, the girls and boys have always had the same date for the test, but then they have always had the same test up until now, so it wouldn't surprise me if everything was completely different this year!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

2outof3 wrote:Yes, the girls and boys have always had the same date for the test, but then they have always had the same test up until now, so it wouldn't surprise me if everything was completely different this year!
Quite right. Tiffin Girls is already consulting on changes to the entrance tests, though they have not specified what these would look like.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

Thanks for clarifying.
;D
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

The first year Wallington boys brought their test forward they also held a late sitting after CAF submission for those who did not know the test date had changed, but obviously those boys did not have results before applying. I don't know if Tiffin will do similar.
We only found out about the change at about Easter which was a huge shock.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now