SGHS - North Yorks selection appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sghsprospective

SGHS - North Yorks selection appeals

Post by sghsprospective »

Has anybody got any idea how many girls went to appeal for non selection and how many of those were successful for entry in September 2012?
mitasol

Re: SGHS - NORTH YORKS SELECTION APPEALS

Post by mitasol »

Hi sghsprospective,

I've not seen anything more recent than this which you've probably already seen.

I'll copy this into Yorkshire section in case anyone has anything more recent. Otherwise, you could try requesting the information from the school or LEA.
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Hi sghsprospective

I understand the selection reviews are going on until end of Jan, however know of some parents who have had them and their results already. You could ring LEA end of Jan and i understand they will share the info then.

The wait is agonising, dont think ill last untill 1st March! Crossing my fingers for EGS.

Good luch to your DD

Q

PS any North Yorkshire prospective parents out there????
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

I am looking at EGS for my son, the more I look at it, go to open days etc there more I want him to go there and the more it seems like a school that will suit him.

He is a current Y5 so won't even be sitting the exam until Sep, it seems so far away. I am currently studying Biomedical Science and I know how quickly the last few months has gone since I started my degree so I am sure it will be here in no time!!

I am nervous already and have over a year to wait!
Vic x
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Hi FluffyD

My sister did BioMed at Sheffield and went on to do her Masters at Manchester...Good Luck.

Well its true what they say......fail to prepare..prepare to fail so prep prep prep! good luck with DS and EGS. Are you in area? im not so even more nervouse for March 1st!

Q
x
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

Thanks Gogi, I am in BD16 so quite a way out of area but from what I can gather my DS's year has a low birth rate so that could possibly be on our side? Who knows!
How far out of catchment are you?
Vic x
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Thanks for PM FluffyD...will reply on there

Thankfully Nyourkshire folk are comming out of the woodwork!...i was planning to move to Bucks...
Q
x
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

Gogi wrote:Thankfully Nyourkshire folk are comming out of the woodwork!...i was planning to move to Bucks...
Q
x
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was considering the same, there is hardly anyone on Yorkshire :( Could be a good thing, surely this means that only you and I are applying for places Gogi? :wink:
Vic x
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

noooooooo..... just no compuuuters round here
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

hermanmunster wrote:noooooooo..... just no compuuuters round here
:lol:

I agree, I mean the cows are lovely to look at but their internet reception is useless!
Vic x