Waiting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
um

Waiting

Post by um »

35 days to go until Results Day.

Any ideas on how to try and forget about it until then?
poiuyt

Re: Waiting

Post by poiuyt »

what is the date for results? Is this via the LEA, remember any qua;ifying school will post a day earlier.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

IIRC the schools usually try to sync with the LEA, very few of them post earlier (although a few do).

What does the book say about the email timing this year? Last year they sneakily removed the bit about it being sent immediately after midnight, and it was early afternoon before ours arrived.

Mike
poppit

Post by poppit »

The Birmingham LEA website gives no indication of time. I had imagined it would appear in my inbox just after midnight, I'm glad you put me straight on that one mike1880!

01 March 2012

Emails are sent to those applicants who have applied online for their child’s secondary school place and an email will be sent ahead of postal notifications.

Letters are sent on Thursday 01 March 2012 to let you know the secondary school place we are offering your child. Letters are sent by first class post and should arrive at your home address by Friday 02 March 2012.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Wolverhampton LEA says:

'View online 1 March 2012'

I was hoping this meant 1 second past midnight!! I can see me being up all night hitting the refresh button every 5 seconds! :)
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Does anybody know how much time we have to send our acceptance of place. Is it till the 15th of march? For state and independant schools? How does it work?
Thanks in advance for any info about that matter...
um wrote: Any ideas on how to try and forget about it until then?
Get 'over' busy and you 'll have no time to think about it :wink: And anyway, I know that you are over busy with your work and your large lovely family!! :lol: sabr! sabr!
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

indies have their own deadlines; the trick is to put holding deposits if you are still unsure as to which indie to send child too. The LEA's have a more earlier deadline; the accompanying letter on 1/2nd march will detail this. Good luck, the days to make the decision are fast approaching,
um

Post by um »

The email could arrive any time up to 3pm on 1 March, according to the LA guidance.

I will set my phone to ping loudly if an email is posted in that inbox overnight - although it will probably just be Argos or Asda again with their latest 'deals' :roll:
But I am also hoping for immediate emails or texts from my friends, and the parents of the children I've been working with!

Thanks for the advice JaneEyre. I have just arrived home from work now, having been working at various schools since 9am...keeping busy helps a little but I still can't put it completely out of my mind :(
anxious_mother

Post by anxious_mother »

Jane Eyre wrote" Does anybody know how much time we have to send our acceptance of place. Is it till the 15th of march? For state and independant schools? How does it work?"
Thanks in advance for any info about that matter...
Jane Eyre,
The time given for acceptance for Kes and Solihull was 8th March last year and this year it is 9th March for Solihull so mostly Kes is that week.
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

If you can afford the holding deposits then secure more than one indie if still indecisive?