Colyton Approx Scores Required

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bestshot

Colyton Approx Scores Required

Post by bestshot »

Am nervously awaiting March 1st. Didn't go to Open Days this year as have older DC at Colyton so didn't think necessary. Did Head give any indication of approximate maths scores and VR scores needed now? Remember him giving indication when went a number of years ago but can't remember (suspect scores needed might be somewhat higher now than then anyway). DC found VR OK but maths very hard (didn't finish). Usually got 38ish in maths practice tests and 68ish in VR but there were some massive fluctuations so anything could have happened on the day! Older DC got similar scores in practice tests so am hoping younger DC will be OK.....!
nearly there

Re: Colyton Approx Scores Required

Post by nearly there »

Hi best shot
this may sound a bit cryptic, but when I went to the open day, the head was explaining that children would not be expected to know all of the KS2 Maths curriculum as they were only part way through Yr 6 when they were taking the test. He then said that last year it was about 2/3 , which I took to mean (rightly or wrongly) that the pass mark for Maths must have been 66%.
He didn't give any hints about the VR pass mark at all and said that most children (2/3) pass the English.
nonnymouse

Re: Colyton Approx Scores Required

Post by nonnymouse »

it will be a little easier to get in this year. The number of children in the relevant age group in the local area is dropping and fewer people want to travel to the school. The number of applicants doesn't change a lot (it was 350 this year and I think around 370 last year)but fewer pass the tests. The school will still admit 120, may even take a couple of extra for financial reasons.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now