Am I too late???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
toolate

Am I too late???

Post by toolate »

We have just moved into the area so this whole process has only just hit my radar screen. Am I too late?
Obviously the proposed timetable change makes things much worse too...

I have looked around the site and am amazed by all the information available, but also intimidated being a complete novice and feel that we might never get on top of this.

I see that there are lots of different materials available - is there any kind of timetable somewhere ie. by February we should be doing x test papers, by April y books etc etc. At least that way I would see if we could catch up a little.

Geography wise DS could only apply to CRGS as we are East of Colchester. I hear its very very tough though.

I'd be so grateful for any thoughts on how to structure the process.

Thank you
hermanmunster

Re: Am I too late???

Post by hermanmunster »

Hello and welcome!

No you aren't too late :wink:
I am not familiar with the specifics of your area but am sure others can give you information. meanwhile have look at the "late starters" section...

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/prepar ... e-starters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
moved

Post by moved »

Not too late at all. I have had pupils get through with only 2-3 months prep. Have a good look through the forum and ask as many questions as you need. January is quite a normal time to begin.
vasu

Post by vasu »

Not late at all. Essex's English is a bit tough so I would recommend that you buy the sample paper from CSSE to get a feel of the subjects and how much you need to prep.
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
kaynor

Post by kaynor »

As you are aware it's odds on the test is going to be 2 months earlier than usual in September. This will intensify the preperation so the sooner you start the better. As vasu mentioned a look at the English is worthwhile as it is can be tough. However, if your DS has a natural leaning towards VR that's a big plus as it counts for 50% of the total marks.

Good luck :)
toolate

Post by toolate »

Thanks for all of that - we will get too it. I suppose I just feel as though there is so much information and materials out there it is hard to marshal it....and develop the campaign that the process clearly requires. But thank you for your encouragement.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

You have plenty of time left. My DS got a place at CRGS with three months of preparation. Not sure that there is an optimum timetable to work to - it depends on your DS's strengths and where you think you can make the most improvement.

Good luck!
inmystride

Post by inmystride »

DS had six weeks of prep and is now at CRGS. Look at past papers and go through basic exam strategies. Keep calm. And good luck!!