A question on transfer between GS'S

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hasmum

A question on transfer between GS'S

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
If one takes a place at a GS but decides to move a year later near to another in the same county, is there any time limit or is it a straightforward process ie. if the school has a place, they will offer. (would this be a transfer appeal).

Sorry if confusing, but trying to consider all options at present.
Also for RGS if a dc is transferring, is there another test, or does that apply to someone who has not been tested before.?

Thanks
Last edited by hasmum on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum

Re: A question on transfer between GS'S

Post by scary mum »

Anecdotally, I know of one girl who was thinking of moving from one GS to another in year 10 and was offered a place without taking any tests. It may be different when they are younger as the schools administer their own tests in year 10 and so presumably can make a judgement call. Of course now they are all academies they can make their own decisions. I also know of someone who was , ahem, asked to leave one GS and moved to another and presumably they didn't have to sit a test :roll: . I think the original 11plus result is valid until the end of Key Stage 3, so again that points to not having to take a test. I'll shut up now and wait for someone who actually knows the rules :lol: :lol:
Last edited by scary mum on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi hasmum

The process is outlined at the bottom of this page under Grammar to Grammar transfer:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/schools/a ... _2012.page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

What is meant by "other relevant independent evidence", I have no idea! You will have to tell us ...

S-A
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

I emailed BCC re the above and also rung the school and basically if we accepted Burnham for eg and decided to move later, I was told by RGS if it is before 1st half term i.e end of Oct. they don't need re testing but after that the school do their own tests and I believe, but not sure it's the core subjects and a language paper.

I definately don't want to go through that. This would be too stressful.
Sorry forgot to ask about the independent evidence, but I think that would probably be a report on the child.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I have known of a few cases where parents have moved. The problem might be if the year group is full as you would need go to appeal.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now